How do you keep your muzzleloader dry...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A balloon will also work on the muzzle. As I'm leaving for the cabin as soon as I get off work I have been wondering on the primer.... Just need something for while sitting and waiting. Hate to pull the trigger and just hear a click.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The day i start packing comdoms with me hunting will be the day i haft to start hunting a new ol lady!

Amen Bro!:D

My breach seals water tight, and do my best to keep the muzzle pointed down.
As tight as the sabot and bullet press into the barrel, I'm thinking I could pour water into the barrel, and it wouldn't have a chance of getting to the powder.

I may have to try that one of these days just to see if my theory holds up.:D

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
with the sidelock i used saran wrap a couple of times around the cap and barrel. might not be pretty but it kept the moisture out and it did'nt interfear with the fireing. never had anything over the muzzle just kept the barrel down.

I never used anything on the encore.

JEEPr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found these online.
http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...?r=view&i=402648&aID=503Y3&cID=FROOGLE_402648

I learned the effect of humidity on bp this season. I loaded in the field on a really humid morning, got a doe in sights and pop, only the cap went off. Guy I hunt with sealed his barrel end with bore butter. and kept the percussion cap on. His fired without a hitch. Mine on the 2nd try had a 1/2 sec to 1 sec hang fire. I hunt with a Kentucky Rifle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom