How do you use the restroom while carrying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When just taking a leak, I dont unbutton my pants, I just use the zipper, no problem. When doing the number 2 I remove the holstered gun and place it on top of the toilet lid or whatever is available. But be carefull to not forget it. That actually happened with one of the security officers at the Capitol recently, went to take a dump and left their gun in the stall for the next person to find. lol

I work with a guy who found one laying beside a toilet.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have worn briefs with the elastic band all my life, had to think about this. I unzip with my right hand and my left thumb goes in to pull the top of my briefs down to keep them out of my way to do my business aiming with my right hand. Never used those funky find it flaps they put on briefs. After millions of times, I do not think about it, just do it.

#2 took some experimenting (at home) with a full size right hand carry 1911. I have found I can pull it out of the holster and move it over into my left front pocket with my cell phone with the handle to the middle toward my zipper. This lets me grip the top of my pants close to the belt buckle, button, and the 1911 at the same time with my left hand while use my right hand for my zipper, belt buckle, button, snap what ever, etc. to then lower my pants and lay my now heavy pocket with the handle where I want it kinda between my ankles out of the way. Reverse to walk out.

I guess this is the reverse of "Don't try this at home" I suggest you do, several times.

As I get older I am less likely to not forget heavy things I have put in my pocket rather than somewhere else. Not having to remember one more thing to turn around to look for and not forget in life is good for me. What if something else was on my mind? Where did I put it, out of sight out of mind could happen. Did I remember I was not just pocket carrying today, wonder who is waiting on me, any other thing that might distract you for a few minutes could happen.

Just my opinion.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pocket carry in most instances during the summer, so a #2 is no issue.
In the winter with a bigger gun, I take it out of the holster and drop it into the pants around the ankles. I can assure you that bringing your pants up to the family jewels will remind you to put it back into the holster.

NEVER leave it on the back of anything.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just leave the gun in the holster...best place for it. If you are concerned about someone reaching under the stall, only push your pants down to just below the knees so the firearm remains out of sight. Holster is the safest place for the firearm when out and about.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I pocket carry in most instances during the summer, so a #2 is no issue.
In the winter with a bigger gun, I take it out of the holster and drop it into the pants around the ankles. I can assure you that bringing your pants up to the family jewels will remind you to put it back into the holster.

NEVER leave it on the back of anything.

I'm sure this method is viewed as "brandishing".

Latest posts

Top Bottom