How many have had to send a Glock in for repair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm sitting here still waiting to get my M&P 40 back, having the front sight fixed, also waiting on the funds to get a G23. I'm just curious how many people have needed to send in a Glock for warranty service. Also, what kind of warranty does Glock have?

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What, never heard of such a thing. Sending a Glock in for repair?!?!? I don't think they even have a repair shop.....lol

Seriously I have owned no less than 15 Glocks and never had anything go wrong. I am sure someone has had to use a repair service but I bet its few and far between.

hot66bug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a 19, 26, 33 and have never a had 1 problem! Have u seen that youtube video where they bury a glock in a dirt hole for a year then pull it out and rise it off with water and shoot 1000 rounds threw it without a problem.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So far, that should be pretty encouraging for someone who is interested in buying a Glock. Something else that would be interesting to see is breakdown of gun manufacturers that have had their guns sent in for repair, that is something I'm sure they don't want the general public to have knowledge of.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ive seen plenty of glocks that were sent back to the mother ship.

Ive also seen glocks that malfed horribly and were returned to their owner, having been inspected and told there was nothing wrong.

Glocks are fine guns, but they arent near as bulletprooof as you guys that spread the legend around think. ;)

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to send my G27 in and it was a nightmare, they had the gun for almost 3 months to fix a coating issue. In the end it took them 4 attempts to strip and recoat my slide and it came back worse than it was when it was sent to them.

Plus they destroyed my factory night sights and then tried to make me pay to have them replaced, in the end it took a conversation with a supervisor at Glock to get them to replace the night sights as well.

They also refused to send me the gun back with the 3.5lb factory Glock disconnect in the gun since they no longer offered a gun with that low of a weight of a disconnect in it.

I promptly got rid of the gun once I got it back and went with S&W MP's and lever looked back. I have only had one issue with a MP and S&W sent me the parts no questions asked and a extra mag for the trouble.

Customer service goes along way in my book.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive seen plenty of glocks that were sent back to the mother ship.

Ive also seen glocks that malfed horribly and were returned to their owner, having been inspected and told there was nothing wrong.

Glocks are fine guns, but they arent near as bulletprooof as you guys that spread the legend around think. ;)

Yeah - they're not Sigs :D

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Based on my experiences, I believe the Glock's reliability to be as good, if not a little better, than any other brand out there. Also, if/when something does go wrong, you can usually fix it yourself with easy to find and install factory parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom