How many have had to send a Glock in for repair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an avid Glock nut and have never had an issue with the four I have owned. But remember this (this goes for you 1911 lovers too), the gun is made by man, and therefore it will never be perfect. Any and every machine will fail at one point or another.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, they are meant to be shooters without any pretenses.

Hey now - don't hate them because they're beautiful :)

Glocks fail - just like Sigs and HKs. I love hearing folks say things like "I've never had a problem". That doesn't necessarily mean anything if you've not put a lot of trouble-free rounds through your gun. If you have, then great, but a quick look back through Glock's history shows that they've had to address several issues with updated designs in many of their guns.

A lot of the updates Glock made to their guns over the years were due to fairly high-profile failures (i.e. magazine changes, G19 barrel changes due to NYC PD having Cat 3 malfunctions, etc..).

No gun is perfect. Please go out and shoot them until you've got enough rounds through them to trust 'em and don't do so based on name only.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No gun is perfect. Please go out and shoot them until you've got enough rounds through them to trust 'em and don't do so based on name only.

I like this statement, how many of us do more buying of guns than shooting of their guns. I know I used to fit in that category and to some probably still do. The next time I ask such a question I will have to ask of those who have shot their Glock enough to know, not saying none of those who have replied fit in that category. I was just curious and a lot stated makes much sense, no gun manufacturer is without it's faults, their only as good as their people.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a finish issue and after talking with the Glock people
it seemed easier just to send it to Mike, now I have a titanium blue Glock.
Its prettty, I know that does not make the bullet hurt any less but its prettttty.:fallangel

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I had a new Sig P220 that had the bullet rattle inside the barrel due to a machining issue. I also had a $2,500 Unertl 1911 with a weak external ejector spring. In both cases I was fortunate enough to have purchased them from local dealers who made things right; Thanks, OPS and Thanks Medlock’s. Long story short; every vendor lets something slip by so you can’t let one or two bad eggs speak to the quality of an entire company. How they handle the issue does though.

Anyway, truth be told; when it comes back from the factory you might have a damn fine pistol that has been inspected very close and runs great.

rusty_stud

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've owned a 23, 26, 30, 22, and 21. never needed repairs in my humble experience with them.

i once beat the 21 on a rock to adjust the sights. once used a rusty nail found on ground to disassemble and check out internals for fun/ curiosity. :selfangel have a good day

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I promptly got rid of the gun once I got it back and went with S&W MP's and lever looked back. I have only had one issue with a MP and S&W sent me the parts no questions asked and a extra mag for the trouble.

Customer service goes along way in my book.

I just got my M&P back, it took about 2 1/2 weeks and I they sent me a free magazine, that is what I call service with a smile, early Christmas present. Thank you S&W.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok. I have put about 10,000 rounds(give or take) through two different Glocks. A 34 and a 17. The 34 being my competition gun and the 17 being my duty gun. I had exactly ONE failure in the 34. I broke a trigger return spring. 1.50 and ten minutes later I was back up and running and gunning. As always YMMV.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As has been stated, everything can fail. Personally, I believe that everything will fail eventually. No perpetual motion machines in the near future.

Glock is one brand that I shoot. I was at one time a devout Beretta shooter. Now, my carry gun is a Glock and my go to gun to the range is a glock.

Had one issue with one of my G19s. Older gun. Turned out to be a broken recoil spring. Called Glock, they said they need to be replaced about every 5000 rounds or so. Sent it in.

They sent it back reworked. Every spring was reworked, every pin replaced. Looked damn near new. Never charged me a cent. Guy told me that they basically considered all the parts to have a life time replacement except the reciever, and that was hard to wear out.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom