How many of our members have ever had to react in self defense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not with humans, but one time a neighbor’s dog was coming at me with teeth bared. I put my hand on my gun and said “One more step and you die.” I guess he understood me, cause he stopped, glared at me for a few seconds, then turned and trotted back to his yard.
It has been my experence that animals especially dogs, can since fear, or lack of fear in people. My grand father, and my younger brother literally had NO FEAR of any dog, I don't have a clue why this is, but just one example of this is my younger brother was given a St, Barnard male dog, a really good blooded dog, free, the only condition was, he had to go into the pen and get the dog, the owner would not enter the pen! This brother is 6'4" and the dog was taller by several inches than him when standing up right and putting it's paws on his shoulders, an weighed 150/200 pounds? My brother went into the pen petted this visoious dog, snapped a leash on him and let him to his Ford Courier pick-up, and put hi in cab with him and brought him home. He was te only person that could go into his back yard with this dog without be attacked. he looked like CUJO in the movie, whien riled up! He had to get rid of this dog because he was so dangerous to others. Our maternal grand father had the reputation of being the very same way with dogs, he delivered milk house, to house, and encountered a many of dogs, dailey!

JRR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many years ago I was returning from morning squirrel hunt at my parents house on 10 acres. Knowing they were gone and out of town I see a suspicious pickup at the barn. I'm looking at the back of the house when I see a man looking in the windows add shaking the handle on the back door. In the blink of an eye he kicks in the back door and enters the house So I know I've got a problem. I go to my truck and get on the CB and just announce I just saw a burglar go into my parent's house, I've got a hunting rifle (Ruger 10/22 w/30 round clip). I'm gonna stop him and I said the address about 4 times and would someone call the police. They received many calls. He trips a motion sensor in the living room and the alarm started blaring so he's gonna leave. Now he's running straight towards his pickup which I'm standing by walking to the house so he's running right at me . He gets to about 30' in front of me and I yell for a him to stop and he keeps running so I fired 5-6 rounds into the ground right in front of him. He stops, I told him to turn around and walk to the front of the property and that police were on their way. He's begging me to let him go but he kicked in the door, so that's not happening. I'm sitting on the white plastic fence, he sitting on the ground when police arrive. They handcuffed both of us until they figured out who's who. He called me later that evening to not press charges but I told him it's up to my father. He served some community service and got off. Thank goodness he never told police I fired into the ground around him and none ricocheted!

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While in a Sam's Club parking lot, while loading stuff in my trunk, a car stopped abruptly behind me. The driver had the window rolled down and called out "hey" to me. As I turned around I put my hand back under my jacket at 4 o'clock on my belt. He started telling me some story about needing money for gas to get somewhere, but I just said I wasn't giving him any money. He called me an MF'r and drove off. I think he may have other plans until faced with the prospect of getting shot. I was unarmed, attitude was enough in that situation.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After thinking about it I did have a road rage situation many years ago that shook me up for awhile. I was getting on highway 169 from 116th many years ago. There was a dump truck ahead of me moving slow as molasses. I looked over and got in the left lane to pass him. Next thing I know there is a maroon mid 90s corvette on my back bumper. He flashed his lights at me, so I sped up and got over to let him by. He got in behind me. So I switched to the left lane, he changed lanes with me, then back to the right lane, again he stayed behind me and didn't want to pass. I floor it and am driving 100+ mph to try and get away from him. Well a ford F-150 isint going to outrun a corvette. So, of course he hangs right with me behind me. So, I was getting nervous he was going to follow me to my destination and try something. I had my Remington 870 in the back seat. I reach back and grab it and put it up front with me. The corvette driver sees this, switches lanes and slams on his brakes. Never saw him again.

Another time I was pumping gas at claremore QT and this homeless man jumps in the bed of my truck and says: TAKE ME TO CATOOSA! NOW! I said no, and pulled my shotgun from out behind the seat. His eyes get big as dinner plates and he runs away. I called the law but he ran and hid somewhere before they showed up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom