How many of our members have ever had to react in self defense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used my gun over a dozen times in defense of my property, but thankfully never had to pull the trigger. The closest I came to shooting a man was over a $5 catalytic converter. I had my finger on the trigger and had a small amount of pretension applied because he was within arms reach. That guy ultimately ran away because he was determined to get past me. I took a car away from one thief, maced another that got hit by a car, and held one until the police arrived. All of the others ran away. I learned a lot about police response times, their desire to do actual work, and the importance of location, location, location. I moved my business away from the trashy part of Tulsa to a rural location and haven't had a problem in the past seven years.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what braums location ?
The one on NW Expressway near Meridian. Definitely not what I would consider even remotely sketchy or close proximity to sketchy. It is a good reminder to always be aware of your surroundings. When we travel, the kids know that if we get to a sketchy area they are to walk between me and their mom and I bring up the rear to keep an eye on everyone. DC had a LOT of sketchy areas once you started making your way back to the hotel at dusk.

Steve2020

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used my gun over a dozen times in defense of my property, but thankfully never had to pull the trigger. The closest I came to shooting a man was over a $5 catalytic converter. I had my finger on the trigger and had a small amount of pretension applied because he was within arms reach. That guy ultimately ran away because he was determined to get past me. I took a car away from one thief, maced another that got hit by a car, and held one until the police arrived. All of the others ran away. I learned a lot about police response times, their desire to do actual work, and the importance of location, location, location. I moved my business away from the trashy part of Tulsa to a rural location and haven't had a problem in the past seven years.
i can only imagine; bet its nice to be relocated

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been close a couple times, glad I’ve had one most of the time. The one time I probably needed and didn’t have it during a domestic dispute was unnerving. And the one time attempted “gun grab”. Think I’ve told that one before here. Carrying Glock 23 in IWB at 4 o’clock position. A couple days before Christmas, staying at my parent’s house, decide to run to Walmart for last minute items. A couple Hispanic guys start eyeing us right inside the door in the rx section.
I notice them right away, but no real flags. We meander through a few more sections, and I notice that they are on us nearly every turn, every aisle through holiday section, housewares, office, toys. I finally covertly tell the wife that these guys are casing us. Probably figured we had some extra holiday cash to buy some stuff. Anyway, I start making eye contact with them. They are pressing us hard, but I’ve got this. Wife is armed too. We go to the CD aisle in electronics, and they keep working their way down to me. They aren’t looking at buying new musica. I tell my wife, get ready, here it comes. Guy #1 brushes my back right pocket like he’s trying to lift my wallet. Surprise, dude, I carry in my front pocket. But he did get a harsh elbow to the forearm a push to the throat that staggered him backwards into the opposite row of discs. I then raised my shirt and placed my hand on my gun, gripped and started the draw. Dude’s eyes got big as saucers. I said “what do you want to do now?” I repeated my statement again. He said not a word. I was ready to do what needed to be done. My wife had her gun ready to draw and was watching his accomplice. He finally started to back away. Knowing we’d probably been seen on camera, I told the wife that we needed to leave right then. And we did. Called them in to PD, but don’t know if anything ever happened. Now, I don’t think he expected to find a gun back there plus someone who was hyper vigilant. Glad I didn’t have to fully draw.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 2013 in a Winco parking lot in Beaverton Oregon. Guy begging and would not take no for and answer. He opened my driver door and grabbed at me. I pointed my pistol at him and told him he better stop, he said “I agree” let go of me and took off running. Called the police and they took the details over the phone. Never heard back.

(Guess who locks car doors now right after they shut the door, every time)

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was about 12 or 13 I had been playing in the woods and walking home through the field and
3 punk teens pull up in a car and walk up to me in the field and pulled guns and pointed them in my face.

Asked me if I was ready to die.
I said : Nope I have a lot more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I want to eat before I die.

Some home builder owned the woods and field and were putting up new houses through all of it. Not like I was on some special
property.
They let me go.

I do not cary and have not had to pull a gun on anyone.
Looking down 3 fat hollow barrels that are inches away from your face is a bit scary though I will say that.
Especially when the thugs holding the gun have long greasy hair and torn up clothing.

Not that a suit and tie guy pointing a gun in your face would be any better for the Fruit of the Looms.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of times. Once tossing the trash out at H&H ... Some fella wanted "to talk". Yeah nope. Not at 10 o'clock at night, an hour after closing ... I got critiqued by every shooter there (yep it was on camera) on my form and trigger awareness! Lol SOBs!! I loved 99% of the old guys I worked with.

Second time I was downtown way later at night than I should have been, not paying attention to what was going on around me at the light, top down on the convertible. Yep. I'm an idiot. I'm living proof God takes care of stupid people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom