How much coffee do you drink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was part of a mobile training team in the Navy. We did training on an aircraft carrier coming from somewhere off the coast of Spain headed back to the states. They flew us off to Rio de Janiero so we could catch a flight back to the west coast. They were having a "festival" in Rio when we got there, and being typical sailors some of us did our best to hang with the locals until very early in the morning, when we finally found our way back to the hotel. Well, about 8am the rest of the group decided to do some sightseeing that day and woke us partiers up to get coffee and breakfast before we headed out. I stumbled my way down to the restaraunt and mumbled "coffee" to the server. He came back with a silver pot, a towel folded over his arm, and the smallest coffee cup I had ever seen and filled my cup, then stood back. I picked the cup up, stared at it for a second, then gulped it down. The disgust on his face was very evident, but when I asked him if they had any real coffee cups, well, I have never seen anyone look so offended before or since.
Must have been expresso.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I French press my coffee and am Pretty religious in coffee consumption. I am usually sick if i change from the below routine.
One cup first thing, another for the drive to work.
Fill my Stanley thermos up for the rest of the day.
Not many people carry a thermos anymore. Seems like when I was a kid it was super common. I might get one.

Chris Hladik

Marksman
Reaction score
You gonna have to get up to speed here. Nobody carries a thermos, they carry a Yeti Rambler......

i carry mine to work every day...

thumbnail.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was part of a mobile training team in the Navy. We did training on an aircraft carrier coming from somewhere off the coast of Spain headed back to the states. They flew us off to Rio de Janiero so we could catch a flight back to the west coast. They were having a "festival" in Rio when we got there, and being typical sailors some of us did our best to hang with the locals until very early in the morning, when we finally found our way back to the hotel. Well, about 8am the rest of the group decided to do some sightseeing that day and woke us partiers up to get coffee and breakfast before we headed out. I stumbled my way down to the restaraunt and mumbled "coffee" to the server. He came back with a silver pot, a towel folded over his arm, and the smallest coffee cup I had ever seen and filled my cup, then stood back. I picked the cup up, stared at it for a second, then gulped it down. The disgust on his face was very evident, but when I asked him if they had any real coffee cups, well, I have never seen anyone look so offended before or since.

Must have been expresso.
The Keurig freaked this morning so I had to break out the Bilati pot today. It's not really expresso but it's dang strong! If you cut what it makes in about half, maybe a little less, with almost boiling water you have a pretty fine cup of Joe.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i carry mine to work every day...

View attachment 240829
I've got a 25 yo Stanley that is still as good as the day I bought it. I've also got an old plastic, $3 Thermos brand with a glass liner that will keep coffee hot enough over night in a pickup cab, if you left it full, that you could enjoy it in the morning, I don't carry it anymore cause I can't find the liner replacements, and I love that thermos. I got it in HS, and that was over 40 years ago. I still carry the Stanley when I have to leave the house early for work and I don't get my fill of coffee, or when I'm going hunting or fishing.

I'm not a fan of the yeti tumblers. I have a couple, but they don't fit my cup holders. I carry the thermos and a styrofoam 20oz cup. Those tumblers will definitely keep cold stuff cold and hot stuff hot though. They are amazing, they just don't fit, and they are incredibly expensive.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a yeti icechest for a bit. They’re so expensive I worried about it getting stolen at camp sites or in the bed or the truck. No one messes with the knockoff versions.

I've got 3 yetis. I hardly ever use them. They're too dang heavy, and you have to lock them up. If it's never going to be out of sight I'll use the 65 from time to time, but I hardly ever use the 35 or 45. I've got some old Max Cold igloos that have thick insulation in walls & lid that do fine, and if someone swiped one I wouldn't be out very much.

I have 3 because I'm an idiot, and bought into the hype.

What I'd really like to have is a really nice softside, that won't leak all over hell & half of Georgia. I'm not doling out the $'s for one of the yetis. I had a couple that looked really slick, but they leak like an over filled diaper.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in reference to insulated mugs/tumblers, our youngest son steered me towards an Ozark Trail brand. He can put ice in it and even on hot days it still have ice and be cold when he gets off work of an evening.

I've been using one now for a couple of years. I can put in about 2/3 ice and most of a 20 ounce drink and nearly 24 hours later still have ice, although the drink is watered down some. Mine looks something like the one below, and our son ordered me a slip on handle. It fits into the cup holder in our Ford Expedition.

1639850346703.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom