How often do you exercise?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of exercise to you regularly engage in?

• Cardio (elevated heart rate) for 30+ min 2-3x a week

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Strength and Flexibility training 2-3+ times a week

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Cardio AND Strength/Flexibility mulitple times a week

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Reaching for the Cheetos is exhausting enough

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a gym rat and certified fitness trainer for years. I had a couple of bad injuries and, just got burned out on the gym. I took about 8 years off. Now I just started back in the gym about 3 months ago. I love it again. I started with a strong fat burning workout. I went from 230 to 185 in about 60 days. Now I am in the gym 6 days a week again and thinking about getting certified again, so that I can train part time. My wife "who never left the gym" talked me into getting back into it. I am glad she did. I only do cardio 1 day a week. I do not need to cut anymore.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't figured out how to do an "actual" work out since the kiddo was born.. I do a shortened version of P90X and my usual running 1-3 times a week has turned into power-walking with a backpack & 17 pound baby.

My neice (32) has three kids. She puts the little one(s) in a stroller and runs!
FWIW - I'm a fairly strong runner, and a few years ago I got passed- PASSED by a guy pushing two kids in a stroller.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
General fitness and healthy lifestyle under current living conditions = great.

I was curious about those who believe they are preparing for life after a world changing event. Those who are stockpiling beans and bullets and putting together large backpacks with visions of hitting the trail and shooting their way into greener pastures...are they taking charge of the one factor of that which they can actually control?

I know I wouldn't be physically ready if the balloon went up today...wonder how many others think they are but are fooling themselves.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My neice (32) has three kids. She puts the little one(s) in a stroller and runs!
FWIW - I'm a fairly strong runner, and a few years ago I got passed- PASSED by a guy pushing two kids in a stroller.

Whoa! That would be a serious workout!!
Yeah, can't wait until my little is old enough for the jogging stroller! Just found out we are adopting again, so I'll have another newborn this coming summer! That'll put running on hold for another year unless I can figure out how to get some "me time"!

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
General fitness and healthy lifestyle under current living conditions = great.

I was curious about those who believe they are preparing for life after a world changing event. Those who are stockpiling beans and bullets and putting together large backpacks with visions of hitting the trail and shooting their way into greener pastures...are they taking charge of the one factor of that which they can actually control?

I know I wouldn't be physically ready if the balloon went up today...wonder how many others think they are but are fooling themselves.

Good point, but the way I think about prepping is that not everyone is preparing for the same scenario. I'm not building an ark or taking swimming lessons but that doesn't mean that someone else shouldn't. Hopefully, I'll have some sort of skill to trade for a spot on their boat... :)

The same way for physical fitness. The body is very adaptable & as long as you are in good overall physical fitness, I think the ones going to survive will be able to adapt to what is needed. For instance, I may plan to hike out, but instead, may find myself rock climbing or swimming. That said, I do think hand-to-hand combat training is a skill that does keep your mind and body in shape...

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whoa! That would be a serious workout!!
Yeah, can't wait until my little is old enough for the jogging stroller! Just found out we are adopting again, so I'll have another newborn this coming summer! That'll put running on hold for another year unless I can figure out how to get some "me time"!

Sounds funny the way you put it - didn't you know you were adopting? I assume you mean that approval just came through? Well as the spouse of a CASA volunteer who works with DHS (shudder) "managed" children - I say "thank you" for opening your home to chidlren needing families

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Haven't figured out how to do an "actual" work out since the kiddo was born.. I do a shortened version of P90X and my usual running 1-3 times a week has turned into power-walking with a backpack & 17 pound baby.

We have 6 kids, and I talked my wife into trying weights instead of just cardio. She had the "I don't want to look like a man" fear. Well, she started doing squats and a few other things with weights that take very little time, because they involve very few reps, and she is really liking it. I think women FAR undervalue weights, the research my wife and I did seems to indicate that the fears are way over exaggerated, unless you are taking crazy supplements or other things. She uses my 25# dumbbells and we plan to get some kettle bells.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds funny the way you put it - didn't you know you were adopting? I assume you mean that approval just came through? Well as the spouse of a CASA volunteer who works with DHS (shudder) "managed" children - I say "thank you" for opening your home to chidlren needing families

Actually... No! We adopted our son when he was born < 6 months ago through a private adoption. Just found out this week that birth mom is pregnant again & they've asked us to adopt the sibling (long story. Sad for them, major unexpected blessing for us). We've been in the DHS "system" for 1.5 years waiting to adopt a sibling group...

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have 6 kids, and I talked my wife into trying weights instead of just cardio. She had the "I don't want to look like a man" fear. Well, she started doing squats and a few other things with weights that take very little time, because they involve very few reps, and she is really liking it. I think women FAR undervalue weights, the research my wife and I did seems to indicate that the fears are way over exaggerated, unless you are taking crazy supplements or other things. She uses my 25# dumbbells and we plan to get some kettle bells.

6 kids! Wow, that's awesome! I use the bands in the P90X & pull-ups. After years of tossing hay bales around, I'm not really worried about bulking up ;) I like the kettle bells, but I feel like you have to have lots of room.. maybe that's because I've popped the dog in the face using it...oops!

Latest posts

Top Bottom