How often do you exercise?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of exercise to you regularly engage in?

• Cardio (elevated heart rate) for 30+ min 2-3x a week

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Strength and Flexibility training 2-3+ times a week

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Cardio AND Strength/Flexibility mulitple times a week

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Reaching for the Cheetos is exhausting enough

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My job and hobby's provide all the workout needed.
The OK heart assn. came to our plant for a health day seminar, and said that a person needs to walk 10,000 steps a day to maintain good heart health. They gave us some pedometers so we could see how many we were getting. The average was 18,000 steps per day for our group. All of it in steel toed boots, carrying tool bags, or parts, up and down ladders and stairs.
Get in a lot of walking while hunting, and a little running at USPSA matches on weekends.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My job and hobby's provide all the workout needed.
The OK heart assn. came to our plant for a health day seminar, and said that a person needs to walk 10,000 steps a day to maintain good heart health. They gave us some pedometers so we could see how many we were getting. The average was 18,000 steps per day for our group. All of it in steel toed boots, carrying tool bags, or parts, up and down ladders and stairs.
Get in a lot of walking while hunting, and a little running at USPSA matches on weekends.

That is really a healthier situation than for those of us who have to build in specific exercise because otherwise we would be just sitting on our fourth point-of-contact all day. Your situation means you are guaranteed to get the necessary exercise as a part of your regular routine - we have to tack it on.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't figured out how to do an "actual" work out since the kiddo was born.. I do a shortened version of P90X and my usual running 1-3 times a week has turned into power-walking with a backpack & 17 pound baby.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is really a healthier situation than for those of us who have to build in specific exercise because otherwise we would be just sitting on our fourth point-of-contact all day. Your situation means you are guaranteed to get the necessary exercise as a part of your regular routine - we have to tack it on.

I had an office job for awhile, and did see a need to cut way down on the food intake. My hobby's helped a lot, but I took the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. Its something that is controllable if one really tries.

I'm of the opinion fast foods, and not taking a healthy sack lunch to work is also a major problem in todays world. When we cook at home there is always a fourth portion for my wife and I to take to work. Since I hunt and fish a lot, and garden, we don't buy much processed food.

Processed food....another problem with weight gain, and bad health in my opinion.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an office job for awhile, and did see a need to cut way down on the food intake. My hobby's helped a lot, but I took the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. Its something that is controllable if one really tries.

I'm of the opinion fast foods, and not taking a healthy sack lunch to work is also a major problem in todays world. When we cook at home there is always a fourth portion for my wife and I to take to work. Since I hunt and fish a lot, and garden, we don't buy much processed food.

Processed food....another problem with weight gain, and bad health in my opinion.

Agree 100%! I'd rather eat glass than fast food! I'd bet I haven't had 5 soda pops in 5 years. I'm 52 now and have been the same size for the past 30 years.
(Knocking on wood!)

Sent from HT's iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Top Bottom