how often to "relax magazines" & "clean" guns CC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
don't know if there is a thread that addresses this

i noticed the bourbon-wiskey-beer-thread elsewhere... got on that...

and ended up here:

how often do you (you is the OSA):

how often do you relax your magazines, i.e. unload a magazine, and how often do you clean a carried gun from,,, uh nut powder... sweat ..... etc....

enjoy yourselves... there are several ways it could go.....

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I relax my magazines every time I pull the trigger. Though that has nothing to do with concealed carry.

[email protected]

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
okay... lets start with the ...

i expected the i relax when i shoot thing..

also, pleasant surprise for the sleazy-p-martini nik from 348...

maybe i could go with a oderus_, beefcake or cuttlefish pic to see who'd pic it up

i was trying to see what the masses were thinking...

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never "relax" my mags. They're always loaded. When i shoot em ya, but I don't make a point to do it.

I clean my pistol after I shoot it. I have one pistol. I CCW with it shoot it at the range and in competitions.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always loaded and always leave a round chambered. If I'm loading and reloading a round several times I stuff a new one in the mag and dump the round in a plastic peanut container and shoot them up when it gets full. I do that because sometimes the nose starts to get deformed or might be a little set back from loading and reloading over and over again. I wipe the gun down each night as I take the holster off. Wipe off the gun, lay the gun on the stand, and then it goes back in the holster and on me the next day.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I clean after each use. Any carry gun that is not shot for 30 days gets a re-lube. As for magazines, there are different schools of thought on relaxing the springs or the need to do so. Wilson claims that you dont need to relax the springs while Kahr recommends that you do. I rotate carry mags every 60 days.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I field strip mine after each use and wipe down regularly. The magazines I use are always full and the ones I don't are half empty, fill them up when ready to use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom