how often to "relax magazines" & "clean" guns CC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mags aren't meant or needed to be relaxed.

But cleaning, yes - depends on the mode of carry - pocket carry, they get a lot of lint - maybe every three months.

Other than pocket carry - almost never clean, just from carrying - from shooting, though yes.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't worry about relaxing mags. I clean my guns within hours after going to the range. I shoot once a week and almost always shoot my carry gun every time I go to the range. I've never really worried about cleaning a carry gun between range visits. My motto...if you carry it, you should be shooting it regularly (so it shouldn't have time to build up lint, etc).

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't worry about relaxing mags. I clean my guns within hours after going to the range. I shoot once a week and almost always shoot my carry gun every time I go to the range. I've never really worried about cleaning a carry gun between range visits. My motto...if you carry it, you should be shooting it regularly (so it shouldn't have time to build up lint, etc).

I only ever shoot every few months. And every time I go in, I'm still putting my shots in tight groups. Wish I had more time to go more often. But such is life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom