How OPEN carry do you need ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
even better
i bet it only can be semi auto :(

semi auto only, and needs to be absent of a foregrip ("Designed to be fired with one hand")

like this:

www.tampaforums.com_forums_attachments_guns_ammo_12349d1316282fa1b605fe39fda2378cf4d0500a99ffe.jpg

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still think its a foolish law but whats my opinion matter. Let em show boys. Its going to take some old timer getting robbed for his $1500 Kimber to convince the lawmakers its a foolish addition. Concealed carry does everything necessary.

I almost totally agree with you. The only value to me of the OC law is that I will no longer be required to keep my .44 mag backup as a "consquealed" weapon. It's backup while hunting deer with bow or front-loader in case the hogs get uppity, and right now to be legal I have to have it concealed, which means a big 'ole shoulder holster under a bunch of clothes.

I plan to get one of those chest rigs for the Redhawk and for the scoped Super Redhawk. CB

Attachments

• holster-chest rig.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 77

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the idea or flexibility of open carry. I really appreciate the fact that it no longer makes potential 'criminals' out of someone who might have a slip of a garment, a 'wardrobe malfunction' if you will.

My ONE main concern, if you are open carrying and some other person calls the police. All they have to say is that you pulled your weapon out, pointed it at them, threatened them with it physically or verbally, etc. You did not do a thing and now the police are FORCED to investigate, you will probably be arrested and you will have to pay for your defense. Through not fault of your own, you are now left with an arrest record, no ccw, no chl, and a bunch of bills all because someone didn't like you carrying, the way you looked or the way you accidentally parked in their parking spot.

I think I will go concealed for the most part.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea or flexibility of open carry. I really appreciate the fact that it no longer makes potential 'criminals' out of someone who might have a slip of a garment, a 'wardrobe malfunction' if you will.

My ONE main concern, if you are open carrying and some other person calls the police. All they have to say is that you pulled your weapon out, pointed it at them, threatened them with it physically or verbally, etc. You did not do a thing and now the police are FORCED to investigate, you will probably be arrested and you will have to pay for your defense. Through not fault of your own, you are now left with an arrest record, no ccw, no chl, and a bunch of bills all because someone didn't like you carrying, the way you looked or the way you accidentally parked in their parking spot.

I tend to agree with this, but it made me ..LOL.
Do you have a tendency to get into these situations?
One of the reasons I decided to carry a deadly weapon was that ..I Should ....Be polite, Be courteous and ,now have a Plan
to end the situation LOL

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

How often does that happen in other OC states?

From what I saw in Louisiana it was mostly just rent-a-cops and real-a-cops having issue with OC,

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still think its a foolish law but whats my opinion matter. Let em show boys. Its going to take some old timer getting robbed for his $1500 Kimber to convince the lawmakers its a foolish addition. Concealed carry does everything necessary.

We should let you make the laws according to your will. Since you don't mind on speaking out against other peoples rights as long as it aligns with your ideology. I just think it's funny that you think it's ok for government to regulate how a gun is carried, but you are pro gun.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Perhaps you would care to favor the rest of us with the verified article/links on the outbreak of this phenomenon in such long-time OC environs as AZ or VA.

I'll go start the popcorn...

Latest posts

Top Bottom