How OPEN carry do you need ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beat me to it.

I look forward to December or January when OC is no longer a topic of speculation, but is just another part of OK life. Sure, there will be issues with jerks that happen to be carrying and draw police attention to themselves, but polite and respectful OC will likely draw zero police attention.

This. I cannot think of an instance where I will open carry but I look forward to the day when the new wears off. Something that some open carry advocates don't seem to understand is that most cops could care less as long as it is holstered. However, a phone call from a concerned citizen can and will initiate contact. It's not the officer's fault that someone less knowledgeable about the gun laws here called in. You open carry guys might keep that in mind when you are contacted by an officer ... Polite and respectful will go a long ways towards furthering your cause.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i915.photobucket.com_albums_ac354_xlatexnightxalumnix_tomb_20raider_lotsoflove.jpg

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, a lot of people are pretty dang oblivious. I doubt many will notice if, as the carrier, you don't make a point getting noticed.

The few that do notice, are likely well informed already.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. I cannot think of an instance where I will open carry but I look forward to the day when the new wears off. Something that some open carry advocates don't seem to understand is that most cops could care less as long as it is holstered. However, a phone call from a concerned citizen can and will initiate contact. It's not the officer's fault that someone less knowledgeable about the gun laws here called in. You open carry guys might keep that in mind when you are contacted by an officer ... Polite and respectful will go a long ways towards furthering your cause.

The best response would be for the 911 dispatcher to inform the caller that OC is legal and not a crime. Then officers won't be wasting time responding to non-crimes. Parts of MO do this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom