How soon for rolling electrical blackouts in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, they talked to a guy from Oklahoma's equivalent of the department of energy (I can't recall his title or the department's official name; he could've been from emergency management). He said the SPP is controlled/regulated by the feds, and Oklahoma's energy utilities have no choice in the matter--when the SPP issues the order, they have to comply.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My power has been out for two hours now. Latest from OG&E is that it's expected to be on at 11:36. That's three and a half hours!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shawnee did it yesterday. Well OGE in Shawnee. My company was urging people to use less NG because of shortages. My electricity never went out. But we live in the country. It was probably all in town.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Shawnee did it yesterday. Well OGE in Shawnee. My company was urging people to use less NG because of shortages. My electricity never went out. But we live in the country. It was probably all in town.
Never lost power in town yesterday.

Today is a different story.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PSO said their rolling blackouts are randomly chosen from throughout their service area so no one city or community bears the full burden. (That was on channel 6 this morning, but I don't recall if it was said by the PSO rep or by one of the newscasters.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom