how will you handle nail -sticks, all over the road.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolguy

Marksman
Reaction score
anyone can stash a few small bags of nails in plastic bags, near the roads. If shtf, anyone can "baton" a knife lengthwise down saplings, and if need be, use a rock to drive the 3" nails thru the half-sticks. If you stop to turn around or to move the sticks, they shoot up your vehicle. If you drive thru the sticks, you're not going far on 4 flat tires, and you can't carry on foot all the goodies in your vehicle. Your rims will leave a trail that a blind man can follow, and just your battery and fuel will make it worthwhile to follow you.

If shtf, nobody;'s going far with a 4-wheeled vehicle, or on the roads. Off road, at night, with a mountain bicycle, 20 miles or so, that's feasible. Very few people have to go any further than that to get to a water source and some woods. That's the place to bury your goodies, and if shtf, to have a well concealed, dugout shelter. There's no real need to dig it beforehand, and good reason not to do so. If it's there, it'll be found, when people are free to move around with their dogs, etc. Come out only at night, and only long enough to get water and dispose of wastes. Beware of the dog packs. They can and will hunt at night.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very aware of the dog packs. That is why I will not carry jerky, only peanut butter. It is the ultimate tactical survival food. Does not need refridgeration, eat it on the run. I am not sure about the bike though, doesn't provide enough protection. I am thinking about outfitting a wheelbarrow with metal plate on bottom. I can carry my gear, and when I am in a firefight, flip it on the side and take cover behind it. Your thoughts?

Belthos

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A) run flat tires

B) after you push the tactical wheelbarrow five miles you'll pray you'd gone with the mountain bike. A little red wagon or better yet a garden wagon with big tires would be better.
any steel plate you can bear to carry on the bottom of the wheelbarrow will likely not stop rifle rounds.
You can rig a harness and pull the wagon, or better yet rig up sled dog harness and a couple of dogs can pull the wagon, the wheelbarrow will tie up your hands.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
anyone can stash a few small bags of nails in plastic bags, near the roads. If shtf, anyone can "baton" a knife lengthwise down saplings, and if need be, use a rock to drive the 3" nails thru the half-sticks. If you stop to turn around or to move the sticks, they shoot up your vehicle. If you drive thru the sticks, you're not going far on 4 flat tires, and you can't carry on foot all the goodies in your vehicle. Your rims will leave a trail that a blind man can follow, and just your battery and fuel will make it worthwhile to follow you.

If shtf, nobody;'s going far with a 4-wheeled vehicle, or on the roads. Off road, at night, with a mountain bicycle, 20 miles or so, that's feasible. Very few people have to go any further than that to get to a water source and some woods. That's the place to bury your goodies, and if shtf, to have a well concealed, dugout shelter. There's no real need to dig it beforehand, and good reason not to do so. If it's there, it'll be found, when people are free to move around with their dogs, etc. Come out only at night, and only long enough to get water and dispose of wastes. Beware of the dog packs. They can and will hunt at night.

:scratch: You think all those other people wandering around at the water source aren't gonna notice you digging a underground shelter after SHTF?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is why I will not carry jerky, only peanut butter. It is the ultimate tactical survival food. Does not need refridgeration, eat it on the run.

But what if you get a nail in your shoe because you are too busy paying attention to licking the spoon? Do I need to glue some kevlar panels to the bottom of my sketchers?

OMG I am so not ready for the S to HTF!

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll get a tactical wheel barrow with steel tires and mount a 7.5hp Johnson outboard with the blade off my shop fan replaceing the prop to propel it along while duct taping steel plates to my body for ballistic protection.

GUNKID, posting this crap is a violation of your parole. Go away

Latest posts

Top Bottom