hunting with cows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cows on your hunting place

• All year long

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • before season and after, but not during

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • plow ground/hay meadow, no cows ever

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • hunting ground only, no cows ever

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • public land - no cows

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
one reason, they never leave you alone, to much noise, fills cameras up w/ 500 pics of them in 2 days, eat everything you put out or plant, and just annoying. 2 spots i hunted last year that i seen 7-15 deer a day -this year 2 does in 3 days of hunting, all known(by me) deer paths completly destroyed by the same cows. i hate cows now and never did in the past

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got back from black kettle and had a run in with some cows in the dark. This is the first time they hav been in the area when ive hunted it. While walking in they were acting agressive. I was worried enough that i went a different route. Once the sun was up they would just push away from me.

I thought that the deer would have left the area but we saw 1 buck and 3 does on the 1/4 section. I brought home one of the does. I would rather the cows have not been there but it all worked out fine

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got back from black kettle and had a run in with some cows in the dark. This is the first time they hav been in the area when ive hunted it. While walking in they were acting agressive. I was worried enough that i went a different route. Once the sun was up they would just push away from me.

I thought that the deer would have left the area but we saw 1 buck and 3 does on the 1/4 section. I brought home one of the does. I would rather the cows have not been there but it all worked out fine

Congrats on getting some backstrap for the freezer!:D

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know about ya'll but my cows pay the bills, and if the bills are paid I can afford to hunt. I do understand about them being problems, we rotate the cows out of the good hunting during deer season.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. most of the time they are w/ in 150-2000 yards, but have also been 2-3 feet away. They eventually move on after they realize I'm not feeding them .. or maybe I stink of danger :)

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about ya'll but my cows pay the bills, and if the bills are paid I can afford to hunt. I do understand about them being problems, we rotate the cows out of the good hunting during deer season.

I stayed in the house today till three p.m. because the interwebz said the deer weren't moving in the morning and there was a ball game on.
The first thing I did was feed them datblame cows and I explained a thing or two. I said, I know how you are. I been readin about you sorry sonsabitches on the innerwebs. You better not foller me and put my very life in danger. If I wind up a greasy spot on the pasture, I ain't never forgiving you.
Stupid cows!

packrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out the photo in post #142 in "The Official 2010-2011 Hunting Season Success Pics"!! thread! Looks like this guy hunts near cows and I would take that deer any day and give thanks for it!

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree most cows won't charge you.... But I use the word most loosely! I have been chased by quite a few!

I know a few ranchers around here that will use a few rank ones to keep unwanted hunters and fisherman off their property.

Take caution when you see that sign saying.... My bull can make the fence line in 3.2 seconds....CAN YOU?

We have hunted places with cows...and had no problems.... You just have to keep them out of the food plots and feeders.

PJ

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cows don't bother me near as bad during deer season since I am usually in a treestand. But I do NOT like huntin round them during turkey season. They seem to looooove turkey decoys. They always get curious and come check out my turkey decoys. Shew them away and they just go out a few yards and stand there staring.

Latest posts

Top Bottom