hunting with cows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cows on your hunting place

• All year long

Votes: 30 65.2%
  • before season and after, but not during

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • plow ground/hay meadow, no cows ever

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • hunting ground only, no cows ever

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • public land - no cows

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just dont go out in the dark with the cows around. they will spook and charge.

i had to make a mad dash for some trees once as they stampeeded around towards me.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i never hunted w/ cows until this year. and let me tell you, i hate cows beyond belief now!!! i will never be a part of a lease that has cows on it ever. i wont waste my time if its free even.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never had a problem either. This morning they followed me to to where I crossed the fence then stood there for about 45mins wondering why I wasnt feeding them. The way I look at they cover any human smell I left on the way to the blind

I had a problem with them getting into my feeders, but the landowner allowed me to put a temp barbed wire fence around the area, which was taken down at the end of season.
Cow patties make pretty good scent remover for your boots:D

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
taken plenty of deer in pasture full of cows. no problems.

sat down this morning in a stand of trees and was wondering about my scent. then i realized cows also used this stand of trees for shade and it had a strong smell to cover mine.

cows don't charge you, lol, they come and see if you have any food. just wave something like your hat or arms. believe me they are more afraid of you than you of them.

yea, walk through those fresh patties to give your boots a familiar scent.

better yet, get down and roll in the stuff. very cheap scent remover.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
cows don't charge you, lol, they come and see if you have any food. just wave something like your hat or arms. believe me they are more afraid of you than you of them.

I guarantee if you cross my pasture in the( dark )with the cows close by , you better be ready to run. they aint comeing to see if you have some feed for them, they is comeing to stomp you into a greasy spot. day time is completely different.

Latest posts

Top Bottom