I am always so shocked that people don't know this ... 🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is not just Starbucks, anyone that sells gift cards, is cashing in on this, why wouldn't they? I don't know but suspect many of the c gift cards are lost, misplaced, etc. and never used! That money which I suspect amounts to great deal of money for a national chain, is 100% PROFIT! We have such an affluent society, even our poor people are spoiled brats?

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have given gift cards but only to tightwad skinflints ("economical people") that I was sure would spend every cent.
Those government gift certificates with a president or a postmaster general on them are nice to receive too.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell I’m a dude who has never even stepped foot in a Starbucks. I’ve been through the drive-through a few times against my will, as a passenger. Usually whenever a female is in charge of the vehicle lol.

If I remember correctly 75% of the time the person in the window was a purple haired lgbtq+ia character. I will admit they have decent breakfast sandwiches though!…

But yeah, I will avoid a Starbucks 99% of the time
I stepped into one a few years ago to work on their safe, it had a ten minute delay and when we started the countdown I was just standing there and the guy asked me if I’d like a coffee while we waited, I said sure he said what kind? I replied just black, he asked again if I wanted cappachino or latte or what ever and again I replied just plain black coffee, he told his employee to get me a plain black coffee and the little lady had a “ just got pumped by the neighbor’s dog” look on her face and asked him 2 more times what to get me ! Lol, it wasn’t good coffee either !

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell I’m a dude who has never even stepped foot in a Starbucks. I’ve been through the drive-through a few times against my will, as a passenger. Usually whenever a female is in charge of the vehicle lol.

If I remember correctly 75% of the time the person in the window was a purple haired lgbtq+ia character. I will admit they have decent breakfast sandwiches though!…

But yeah, I will avoid a Starbucks 99% of the time
Me too. I remember my first encounter with them. I took one of my guys and myself to a meeting in Houston or Dallas, several years ago and many meetings ago. Anyway, we were at the airport at a layover, and it was morning. I asked him if he wanted a coffee "sure". I went to the coffee shop and got 2, black, regular. I handed him his and sat down and took a sip - thought to myself blaaahh burnt crap! I watched my guy, and his facial reaction told the story. I said "burnt?" yep, but whatever. I said no way was I spending $7 a cup on burnt coffee.

I grabbed his cup went back to the shop and a flight had come in and the line was long. Wasn't going to stand there so I just walked into their kitchen and looked around for the coffee pots. A worker gal asked "can I help you?" I explained the $7 a cup burnt coffee and the line and wasn't having it. She said no was it burnt! Lady, I've been drinking coffee before you were born, and this coffee is burnt. We went through the options and I said Foldgers, just a cup of Foldgers - that is when she laughed and explained where I was and plain old coffee like that is not an option and isn't really an option.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Closest I’ve ever been to $0 was last year. I owed the feds $7 and I got a $12 refund from OK.

That’s close enough. I’d honestly rather owe them $10,000 than to get a big refund. I’m not sure what most folks don’t understand about that, but there is not more than a handful of my friends & associates that have a grasp on that deal. It perplexes me.

Then you have to pay Oklahoma Taxes on the refund next year. The money you have already paid taxes on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom