I Got Delayed....LOL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend that is on the terrorist watch list...well there is an ex-IRA member that has the exact same name...he has to get to the airport atleast 2 hours earlier when he flies anywhere

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's another guy with my EXACT SAME NAME (first, middle, and last) who grew up in Skiatook, which is like 30 miles from my hometown.

I was born 2-9-88, he was born 7-29-88.

We both have blonde hair, blue/green eyes, and white skin.

He's in prison for assaulting a minor, I start a new job as a prison guard next month.

Yup.

Talk about ironic huh.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as a ffl you don't need to file a 4473, just sign it in from who you got it from and out to yourself. My inspector told me that was all I had to do.

If I decide to sell it within a year of signing it out I would have to sign it back in and then out with a 4473 on the buyer.

If I hold it more than a year then I can sell it as an individual without the 4473.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as a ffl you don't need to file a 4473, just sign it in from who you got it from and out to yourself. My inspector told me that was all I had to do.

If I decide to sell it within a year of signing it out I would have to sign it back in and then out with a 4473 on the buyer.

If I hold it more than a year then I can sell it as an individual without the 4473.

My inspector last august, told me that I had to run a 4473 on myself.

I thought well thats dumb... I am going to call the field office... I will be right back

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to be a random act. I bought 6 firearms last year without any hitch, yet when I went to pick a lower up from honeybee I was delayed. I thought it was a little weird that I could purchase multiple handguns but get delayed on a reciever.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get delayed you can get a PIN (Personal Identification Number).

Quoted from:

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2004/12/121504-openletter-ffl-fbi-nics.pdf

"Pursuant to the Final Rule enacted on July 20, 2004, by the Department of Justice in The Federal Register, Volume 69, Number 141, the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) National Instant Criminal Background Check System's (NICS) Voluntary Appeal File (VAF) has been established. This process permits applicants to request that the FBI NICS Section maintain information about them in the VAF, a separate file to be checked by the NICS, to prevent erroneous denials and extended delays in the future. Lawful purchasers who have been delayed or denied a firearm transfer because they have a name or date of birth similar to that of a prohibited person may also request that the FBI NICS Section maintain information about them to facilitate future firearms transactions. Under this new process, potential purchasers may apply to be considered for entry into the VAF by signing an applicant statement, which authorizes the FBI NICS Section to retain information that would otherwise be destroyed upon the approval of the firearm transaction. This retained information includes but is not limited to: a fingerprint card, court documentation, correspondence, and information contained in the applicant's appeal file if one exists. The applicant must also supply the FBI NICS Section with the reason for which they believe they would be erroneously denied or would receive an extended delay.

The application process also requires that positive proof of identity be provided by way of rolled fingerprint impressions prepared by a law enforcement agency on a fingerprint card."

What a stinking hassle. From what I understand it takes about 6 months to get your PIN. I looked into it because I get delayed. I got so delayed on Black Friday, along with thousands of other people, that the thirty day grace on the gun I wanted ran out. I guess it didn't help that I forgot to enter my Social Security number on the damn form and I have super common first, middle and last names.

Latest posts

Top Bottom