I think someone shot my dog.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We normally keep our dogs in especially at night. We visited my parents Friday night through Sunday evening. We always have a friend come by at least once a day if we are gone. Saturday around 1:00 in the afternoon the dogs were fine. Around 2:00 Sunday afternoon CB has two strange looking wounds on his skin. The wounds line up perfectly and look like they were caused by a single round from an air rifle or maybe a sling shot. We have been trying to get ahold of our vet in mustang to have the wounds looked at to confirm our suspicions.

I have no idea how this needs to be handled with the police if at all. Any advice would be great.

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Pets_Dog_4a4b0e50.jpg

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a thru and thru, and the pooch looks to be okay as well.

I'd ask around at the neighbors to see if anyone saw or heard anything.

He ever chase any livestock that you know of?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We live in town and he has never been out of our yard off of a leash.

My measurements and trig show that he would have been 10-15' from the top of a 6' fence. The front wound would be 9-14' away and the back wound 5-6' away.

The wounds are right at 12" apart and there is a drop of about 5" from the front to the back. The back wound is 23.5" above the ground.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom