I think someone shot my dog.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need some NVGs to go with your other toys. Time to do a little night hunting. Seriously, get that pooch to a vet and definitely call the cops. Have any of your neighbors complained about the dogs in any way at all? Metal detector might help find the missing round. Ask the dog sitter if they noticed anything, like the day the wounds first showed up.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dustin if you haven't, call mustang pd and file an animal cruelty repot. Then take it to the vet. Or the other way around, just take pictures of the wounds first.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Greyhounds are pretty quiet dogs (I have an Italian myself). Hard to believe someone would do that to such a creature.

Usually, they are quiet but they can makes some noise if they feel inclined. Its completely possible they weren't happy about DG being away and were vocal about it. Still that's no excuse for someone trying to harm DG's dog at least in my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks more like two separate wounds to me. Ive seen some strange wound profiles but i cant visualize the path the round could take from either direction and exit out the other hole. from the pic they both look like entry wounds as well. If it were a single round it would have needed to make two reverse angle deflections proximal of the hind leg to stay under the skin and travel to the other hole.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could have been an arrow but you would probably found that in your yard. Please call the cops and take your friend to the Vet.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks more like two separate wounds to me. Ive seen some strange wound profiles but i cant visualize the path the round could take from either direction and exit out the other hole. from the pic they both look like entry wounds as well. If it were a single round it would have needed to make two reverse angle deflections proximal of the hind leg to stay under the skin and travel to the other hole.
This...is there a wound channel?
Looks like two hits with an airgun, someone shot my Chow like that , had a tender spot on his neck....squeezed a pellet out of it.
Sorry for the Dog ,hope he heals well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom