If I want to move my kitchen ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have done this for over 20 yrs, they are right 30,000 will not be a stretch depending on hoe much structural work would be needed. There are a ton of variables that can effect funds quickly. Average kitchen remodel in Oklahoma when gutting the room is 30-50,000 depending on what products are used and how many appliances have to be purchased. Kitchens are one of the most expensive remodels in home remodeling, the next most expensive is bathrooms.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were closer I would take a look at it for you.
A good framing contractor or a general contractor with a background in framing, not one of the pickup and cell phone generals should be able to advise you.
If it happened to have an engineered truss roof, iffy from the age of the house, you could pretty much take out any interior wall.
Moving plumbing gets expensive if you are on a slab floor, think concrete saw and jackhammer.
Lots of variables, as others have said.
Good luck, I've had a cabinet shop for the last twenty years or so and been in residential construction in some form for thirty plus, if I can answer any questions feel free to ask.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best thing to do is send GC on vacation for couple weeks until its done. Ill go with him n keep an eye on him ;).

:lmfao: Be careful what you offer ... :naughty: I might just take you up on it ...

Both of you come up to Colorado after the 14th of next month. You (meaning Lurker66) and GC can fish and I'll photograph the two of you for posterity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom