I'm glad Mrs. Obama is forcing fruits and vegies onto student's trays....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You feed the kids nothing but pizza and parents complain, then you feed the kids veggies and fruit and they are still complain. STFU already...

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Putting on my feather-ruffling shoes...

IMO, if you think gun control is BAD, but you applaud Federal guidelines on lunch in school because "we have to do SOMETHING"....turn in yer card.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Schools need to take back the cafeteria. Get rid of all the fast food options and server one set meal per day. Have a choice of two proteins, a couple of vegetables and a starch or two. That gives them choices and keeps the adults in control of the food. Take all the vending machines out of schools. Have one that has bottled water and one that has healthier snack options. I remember up until 10th grade I looked at the weekly lunch menu and if I did not like what was coming up I took my lunch to school. That is not to say that pizza or hamburgers can not show up on the menu.

As for PE. I cant remember if it was Union or Jenks that was interviewed by the Tulsa World a couple of years ago about PE in high school. They said it is not offered because colleges dont want it. Why cant they make an AP PE class? There are way to many AP classes as it is. When I was in school there was AP Biology, English, and Calculus. Now there is AP History, Art, Music and all kinds of others. If it was AP kids would sign up for it :)

Too many AP classes? How about parents teach their kids to excercise at home and let them learn (and earn college credit) advanced topics in school?

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, you just threw out the classic Latin educational model if you toss out all forms of Physical Ed, don't you?

Also, AP has jumped the shark. Not saying that secondary schools shouldn't be flexible and offer courses for students who are ahead in one or more areas, but that just illustrates the inadequacy of the one-size-fits-all public school model. But to concentrate solely on the mind and ignore the body does a disservice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom