Internet: What ISP should I use in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got both. Dish, and an antenna in the attic for emergencies. The antenna provides a much better picture.

Oh - have AT&T DSL (semi-rural, no true "high speed" available in Hooterville). Not bad, but not lightning fast, either. Still hate Cox from when I lived in Tulsa.
Clark Howard says, HD off the antenna is clearer because there is no compression to deal with. HD on satellite doesn't impress me a lot. But neither does BluRay.
Bakck on topic, is there a wireless DSL in Tulsa?
I have Windstream in Carlsbad and AT&T in Clinton. They seem about the same.

AR-SHOOTER29

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have AT&T uverse. I have fiber optic in our neighborhood and in our house. Uverse is very fast and AT&T has some of the best customer service I have seen. I have never been charged for any service calls for any reason. Good price too.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, so it's either gonna be Cox or AT&T. Both seem to have hatred - IRL people I know hate Cox, but it seems AT&T has some hate on OSA.

Hmmm...might call AT&T first and see what they have to say. Heard some real horror stories about Cox.

Really I could give a rat's ass about speed. Halfway acceptable speed is fine. My speed now is not great but it's fast enough for most things I do. I mainly want a.) decent customer service and b.) interruption-free, service. I've heard Cox can be glitchy and calling them is like stepping into a Kafka novel.

Now when ya getting then urban chicken coop?

Good question. I never built one here because my parents have chickens 5 miles away and they give me fresh eggs and I'm lazy. Chickens in midtown would satisfy my innate desire to make the neighbors mad, and they'd probably attract hippie girls, no? Sounds like a worthy spring goal.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good question. I never built one here because my parents have chickens 5 miles away and they give me fresh eggs and I'm lazy. Chickens in midtown would satisfy my innate desire to make the neighbors mad, and they'd probably attract hippie girls, no? Sounds like a worthy spring goal.

I am weary of chickens:
No one knows what they're thinking,
and they look at us with dry eyes
and consider us unimportant.

It's true... they do, and we are. But it's hard to take that from a damn chicken.

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So big cox in your house is bad for ya health?

[Broken External Image]

I don't think I've ever heard anything good about Cox. AT&T leads the poll so far.

I'd NEVER refer AT&T to ANYONE after the hassle I had canceling their service back in 2002, and they're overall incompetence as far as customer service goes. At least with Cox the rep is local. For a while with AT&T, it was outsourced to India. I think they've moved back since then, but their speeds suck compared to Cox.

I've had a few 'here and theres' with Cox, but overall I've been very happy with them. Had them since 2002.

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have AT&T uverse. I have fiber optic in our neighborhood and in our house. Uverse is very fast and AT&T has some of the best customer service I have seen. I have never been charged for any service calls for any reason. Good price too.

Problem with that is, from my experience, they're spotty as far as coverage goes. One neighborhood has them and another doesn't. Back in the summer AT&T announced they were shutting down deployment of UVerse, so if you were waiting for it, you are now SOL.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am weary of chickens:
No one knows what they're thinking,
and they look at us with dry eyes
and consider us unimportant.

It's true... they do, and we are. But it's hard to take that from a damn chicken.

I don't think your posting gets the recognition it deserves.

You guys have me split now. Half of you hate AT&T, half hate Cox. No one loves either. I gotta make a decision in the morning. It's like Sophie's Choice.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think your posting gets the recognition it deserves.

I can't take credit for it, but it's one of my favorite things I've heard in the last few years, so I try to share it anytime a chicken discussion comes up.

The first part is from a poem by Pablo Neruda called "Cierto Cansancio" or "A Certain Weariness". The second part is how Greg Brown described the poem as he was lamenting about chickens in one rendition of his song "Canned Goods". BOTH are absolute genius!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom