Internet: What ISP should I use in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think your posting gets the recognition it deserves.

You guys have me split now. Half of you hate AT&T, half hate Cox. No one loves either. I gotta make a decision in the morning. It's like Sophie's Choice.

Questions then:

Are you mainly looking for speed? Cox destroys AT&T there. If you don't need a lot of speed, then either would suffice I'm guessing. But AT&T can't put up the speed numbers that Cox does.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay $145 a month for Cox here in Tulsa. I have their 2nd highest speed internet option, tons of TV channels and DVR. Also add in home phone that is simply there for our house alarm. Leaning towards getting the alarm set up on cell service, but I need to read how that really works. Anyone know? I was thinking new keypad and such, with a SIM card slot with a prepaid phone sim card in it? Might save me that $30 a month I have to pay for it now.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends what speed we're talking. I'm on a DSL out here and it's sufficient. It's sold as I can't remember, but less than 10 meg. I seriously doubt either Cox or AT&T could be noticeably slower than what I have now, eh? If so, WTF, mang?

Mainly looking for service that works all the time and customer service that isn't:

Last edited by a moderator:

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Cox and can't wait to get rid of them. I see where Verizon wireless has a home service for internet on their 4G network. I plan to check this
out further. I think wireless will be the coming thing for all phone, internet etc. It's too bad the only choice now is between ATT and Cox for high
speed internet as they are both lousy companies.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're going to find that there is no good solution. Whatever you end up with, you'll be cussing it this side of a week and wanting to switch. But you won't, you'll be stuck like the rest of us complaining about it and then maybe someday you'll go ahead and kick them to the curb only to find the whole thing repeat itself with the new service. I have Cox and it works pretty much all the time and when it doesn't, I know how to reset the modem to kickstart it into finding it's brain again. It works for me, but I hate it and them. I just am not prepared fo to handle the imminent disappointment I know I'll find if I switch.

OH... and it won't matter what your problem is when you call customer service... they too will just tell you that you didn't properly follow proper protocols. Then they'll tell you to format your hard drive and that it must be your computer and that's not covered.

Flip a coin and hope you die in your sleep... that's about the best you're gonna get.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're going to find that there is no good solution. Whatever you end up with, you'll be cussing it this side of a week and wanting to switch. But you won't, you'll be stuck like the rest of us complaining about it and then maybe someday you'll go ahead and kick them to the curb only to find the whole thing repeat itself with the new service.

Flip a coin and hope you die in your sleep... that's about the best you're gonna get.

Heavy sh*t for the topic, sir. You're not taking about ISPs anymore, huh? :spitlaugh

gullzway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had Cox for 10+ years and no complaints. But last year after the bill climbed to $50+ I switched to ATT Uverse 12 MB/sec, no complaints with them either. Uverse still has the same $29.99/month for a year deal going on, IF you can get Uverse. Luckily they put in a hub right across the road from me. Unfortunately it goes up to $48/month next month after my year is up. Haven't decided if I will keep it or see what Cox is offering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom