Intruders 0 - Homeowner's Son 3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know, I don't think anyone here has specifically intimated the homeowner or his son were involved in anything illicit. Speculating that the invaders had some inside information that led them to target this home is not the same thing. It looks like a nice big, fancy home, to me, maybe they were hoping to find a bunch of jewelry, cash or guns? Doesn't mean the homeowners knew them, or were up to anything bad. Who knows?

I will say, though, that it struck me as an odd scenario, too, and that was my first thought - this wasn't a random break-in.

People speculate. Get over it. No one is accusing the homeowner of s**t.
Well it's one thing to speculate but ask yourself would you want folks doing it openly if it were someone you cared about? Speculation is when one puts ones own bias into a set of facts and circumstances. It rarely is an effective tool in an investigation.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well it's one thing to speculate but ask yourself would you want folks doing it openly if it were someone you cared about? Speculation is when one puts ones own bias into a set of facts and circumstances. It rarely is an effective tool in an investigation.

We're not investigating. We're speculating. No one here is involved in the investigation or is trying to influence it.

We're discussing, that's all. And you are castigating people who are simply discussing a news topic. Once again... NOT A SINGLE POST HERE has said a SINGLE DEROGATORY THING about the homeowner or his son.

So... why are you trying to chastise people in this thread who, by and large, have been supportive of the homeowner's son?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know how would you guys feel if your son had killed three intruders as he was well within his right to do. Then a bunch of folks who have never in their lives been in a mortal fear scenario start a bunch of conjecture and inuendo about drugs and women and conspiracy? What if it were your wife? Your daughter? This traumatic event will be on this young man for many years. Those who question his motives do a disservice to him and his family. Fighting for ones life in a split second enviorment is always questioned by those having never faced the same decision making process. I for one am sorry the shooter was forced by the actions of others to take lives. However I am supportive of refusing to be a victim.

First of all, you haven't a clue as to whether any of us have ever been in mortal fear or not, so nice going on your own biased conjecture. Second, I asked what you knew beyond the media reports. Do you know anything we don't?

Third, some of us have quite a bit of investigative experience and you know what isn't an effective investigative tool? Taking an initial media report as gospel, which you seem to have done? Some of us see this scenario and our intuition says there MAY be more to the story than initially reported. That doesn't mean there was, but we're awaiting the results of a full investigation. Unless proven otherwise, it initially sounds like a good shoot even if the intended victim(s) were acquainted with or knew the attackers in some fashion. No one has said the intended victims were committing criminal acts.

So maybe come off your pulpit and wait for the official report, Mr. Judgy McJudgerson? :rolleyes2

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This a good time to say this again, lawyer. If you shoot 3 people that have broken into your home, do not talk to the police without a lawyer. If, as it appears, it was a 100% legitimate use of self-defense, you should still talk to a lawyer before being interviewed by the police. As mentioned above, young Zachary has just been through a very traumatic incident. All the more reason to have legal counsel.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't go around breaking into peoples homes if you don't want to get shot.

Reminds me of the opening scene of Pulp Fiction. Basically, if you're going to rob someone, rob someone that's going to give you other people's money. Don't rob people of their own money, people tend to get pissed off when you do that.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This a good time to say this again, lawyer. If you shoot 3 people that have broken into your home, do not talk to the police without a lawyer. If, as it appears, it was a 100% legitimate use of self-defense, you should still talk to a lawyer before being interviewed by the police. As mentioned above, young Zachary has just been through a very traumatic incident. All the more reason to have legal counsel.
Some of the best advice given on here. Because remember like on this forum some will have their own spin to put on the facts and may not be looking for an unbiased reading of the truth

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say, though, that it struck me as an odd scenario, too, and that was my first thought - this wasn't a random break-in.

People speculate. Get over it. No one is accusing the homeowner of s**t.

It is odd, period. Home invasions like this from complete strangers all masked up in broad daylight are pretty rare, especially around here.

People break into houses all the time in my part of town, in the burbs where by friends live, in the country where my parents live...that's common. I personally know several people who have been hit in the last couple years. A couple in rural Tulsa county and one in midtown. But the one thing they all have in common is the perps wanted and sought out an unoccupied house.

Maybe these kids were dumb and didn't thoroughly check to see if the house was empty. Maybe the shooter pretended not to be home. Who knows. Still, this is a very rare thing if there is 0 degrees of relation between the perps and that house. The vast majority of 'home invasion' headlines you see in Tulsa have some kind of backstory.

And yeah speculation is standard ****. TPD asked me a million times if I'm sure a friend or a friend of a friend didn't steal my truck. I was like dudes I'm tellin' ya I don't have any gotdamn friends.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good point, "Honey Bunny".

41727858.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom