Ipad 2: Anybody getting one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say that it does look to be refined, particularly in the processing department, BUT I've been perfectly happy with my Generation 1 iPad, even when using it to process largish RAW photo files on the go. It sucks that there isn't an unlimited data package on the new one. I'm grandfathered in on my iPhone 4 and tether it to my iPad, I don't have a 3G model.

bulletbiter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am truly tempted. I held off on the iPad because Apple had known issues with putting the cameras on the original, so they shipped it without them. The same is now reported for the higher definition screen which the iPad 2 does not have. There is much speculation on Apple changing their release cycle on the iPads to the Fall, which means there is a chance for an iPad 3 around October. With the HD screen delay and the Motorola Xoom that has better across the board hardware and also that the iPad 2 might still only have 256MB of ram (even less than the 512MB on the iPhone 4), the early iPad 3 sounds like something Apple might do.

The iPad 2 IS a nice upgrade because of the cameras and the much faster processors. If you aren't worried about buyer's remorse IF they come out with the iPad 3 in the Fall, then I recommend it. The App Store for Apple is the main reason I'm not yet switching over to the Motorola Xoom and to the Android OS.

Just an aside, Apple is most likely going to change the form factor of the iPhone 5 in July. My guess is that they will go to at least a 4" screen like most of their competition.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of people are. Have you seen all the 1st gen ipads for sale lately? Of course not really selling since the owners are asking close to what you can get a new 2gen for.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say that it does look to be refined, particularly in the processing department, BUT I've been perfectly happy with my Generation 1 iPad, even when using it to process largish RAW photo files on the go. It sucks that there isn't an unlimited data package on the new one. I'm grandfathered in on my iPhone 4 and tether it to my iPad, I don't have a 3G model.

How are you tethering your iPad? Are you jailbroke?

FireproofD3:25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife bought an IPad, 1st gen, two weeks before Apple announced the IPad 2. She called up Apple and they let us return it for a full refund and she will be getting the new on Friday. I'm happy with my iPhone 4 and MacBook Pro.

Latest posts

Top Bottom