Is Casa Bonita still open?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Growing up in Claremore back in the 70s, we went to Tulsa quite often. One of our favorite restaurants back then was Casa Bonita. I want to show my kids and grandkids a piece of my youth, and it came to mind.

So, is it open? If so, is it the same as it was way back when? I know most things aren't nowadays, but I sure hope this one is.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know the one in OKC closed many years ago. I have a few memories of going there as a youngster.

I don't know about the one in Tulsa. I never ate there.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
We went a few years ago and it was horrible. We also tried out El Chico, both of those we used to think were the shizznit when we visited Tulsa.

Now they're like the worst of the worst cheap plastic cheese and disgusting crap. I would advise you to avoid trying to go down that particular memory lane.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last I knew it was a Latino night club (21st & Sheridan); not sure if it's still that or not. Made the news here and there for extra-curricular activities in the parking lot.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last I knew it was a Latino night club (21st & Sheridan); not sure if it's still that or not. Made the news here and there for extra-curricular activities in the parking lot.

Are you talking about the Mexican restaurant on the SW corner of that intersection? I ate there once some years ago, and wasn’t impressed. The place is shuttered now.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Mexican restaurant on the SW corner of that intersection? I ate there once some years ago, and wasn’t impressed. The place is shuttered now.

Yes, the restaurant closed, it was a discoteca for a while, I think reopened VERY briefly as a restaurant, then shut back down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom