Is Casa Bonita still open?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about Glens Hickory Inn off NW 10th and May or Westoaks Drive -In at NW 10th and Rockwell? Glens had a lunch buffet that was killer...to a high school kid. I remember they had pre-cooked char-broiled hamburger patties you dipped out of the grease/water combo they were floating in with a set of tongs and slap ‘em on the side of the pan to get some of the wet off. Westoaks was just a typical 60’s/70’s Drive In for high school kids to cruise and hang out at. Lots of beer-fueled mischief/minor fist fights started there once a crowd would gather, usually centered around girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Westoaks was just a typical 60’s/70’s Drive In for high school kids to cruise and hang out at. Lots of mischief started there once a crowd would gather, usually centered around girls and fueled by beer.

We had a Westoaks in Shawnee but it wasn't any kind of high school hangout.

Our drive-in hangout and cruise around spot was the A&W on Kickapoo Street.

GLGAR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone remember when drive in’s sold beer and the car hops would bring it and hang the tray on your door? There was one on 13th or 15th around Boston or Boulder in Tulsa that we used to go to in the 50’s. Also Cotton’s way out on Admiral.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I miss this place. I have great memories going to the one in Tulsa. That place was huge. I know the food wasn’t the best around but I didn’t go there for that. Glad I got to experience it.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Webers is good stuff. Me and the GF want to try all the burger joints the "burger brothers" went to. So far we have ate at: arnolds, claud's, brownies, and webers.
Sadly I don't think any of them are as good as they were 20 years ago. Brownies and Claude's were always my favorite. Claudes still has the same people but the food isn't the same. Brownies went down hill after the original family sold out.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly I don't think any of them are as good as they were 20 years ago. Brownies and Claude's were always my favorite. Claudes still has the same people but the food isn't the same. Brownies went down hill after the original family sold out.
I ate at the Brownie's on 71st a few months back. The food was OK, although the burgers were a bit on the smallish side, but that root beer was something else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom