Is it time to simmer down a little...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Manufacturers are already sending out 2013 pricing and there are increases.

I had one of my smaller distributors try and sell me a couple FN Scar's for $3200 & $3500, both of which were above MSRP. It really pissed me off that they were trying to gouge me on prices like that. I've spent ALOT of money with those guys. All he could say is look at what they're selling for on Gunbroker. Needless to say, I'm probably done with that distributor.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one of my smaller distributors try and sell me a couple FN Scar's for $3200 & $3500, both of which were above MSRP. It really pissed me off that they were trying to gouge me on prices like that. I've spent ALOT of money with those guys. All he could say is look at what they're selling for on Gunbroker. Needless to say, I'm probably done with that distributor.

From the retail standpoint, this panic has only taught me what vendors I will not do business with and what vendors I will continue do business with. $60 Mags warrants a nice letter explaining my position not to ever buy from those types of companies again.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the retail standpoint, this panic has only taught me what vendors I will not do business with and what vendors I will continue do business with. $60 Mags warrants a nice letter explaining my position not to ever buy from those types of companies again.

This
No need for me to announce boycotts or posts threads about. I'm just not going to use several businesses (some local and some members here) ever again.
When I sell something here on OSA, I'm not trying to make money on it (talking about individual sales here). 99% of what I sell on here I'm losing money. I know businesses have to make money, but this is close to when lumber yards gouge after storms or hotels charging 500% more after floods, etc.

It just shows who is a decent human being and who is not

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the three basic variations of AR. I think i'm good. I just wish i had maybe 6 more mags but i'm not paying a stupid price for them. I have more sense than money.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Capitalism is based on private production and allows people to make a profit in a competitive market. It's not about gouging the hell out of people in a time of crisis. Like was said above people are taking advantage of the situation.

Firearms and ammunition should not be classified as no Essential items in he climate we are in.

This in response to post 30

Last edited:

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the three basic variations of AR. I think i'm good. I just wish i had maybe 6 more mags but i'm not paying a stupid price for them. I have more sense than money.

This is where I am at. I'd like to have 3-5 more PMAGS but I'm not paying through the nose for them. I've got what I deem "enough" for myself already but I would like to have a few more.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't believe selling a non-essential item such as guns or accessories at market inflated prices should be called gouging. That is the capitalism business model that we all claim to cherish.

Andrew

There is capitalism and then there is taking advantage. I myself give capitalism a longgg leash but I have to agree some of the gouging going on.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont really see it as gouging in a sense. I was just involved in a discussion on another ar forum about prices and a guy asked me how many I had. i told him 2 nib Le6920's and he offered me $5000 for the both of them in a pm. I wasn't even offering to sell them so is that gouging if someone offers to pay you something when you dont even list it for sale?

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can pretty much bet the Liberals are going to get at the minimum a hi-cap mag ban in place so I would put your feelings aside and get out the credit cards because me thinks this ban on mags will be permanent. IF you went through the previous mag ban you know what Im talking about. Glock mags were $100 each the whole time, I remember as I bought 1 and couldnt really even afford it at that time. I still have it so know I may try to actually sell it for $100 and get my money back on it since I have plenty of normal priced mags:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom