Is there a way to burn a DVR recording to a DVD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalstrand

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the time your DVR is going to use a format that will not be recognized by a DVD player so even if you could burn a DVD it wouldn't play. The only way I can think of doing it would be to run the output of your DVR to the input of a DVD recorder and record while playing the program on the DVR. Even then I don't know if it will work.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THEIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

Or am I…

But it's possible. I see clips on youtube that were taken off DVRs all the time, but re-recording them onto DVD would be a completely different beast than just getting the file onto your computer.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But it's possible. I see clips on youtube that were taken off DVRs all the time, but re-recording them onto DVD would be a completely different beast than just getting the file onto your computer.

I use a program called DVD Flick to convert video files to DVD format. It works fine and is free to use (open source project). I don't know the output format of DVR files, but DVD Flick works with most of the audio/video formats used today. It also comes with basic dvd burning software, but I generally have it stop after creating the .ISO file (DVD image file) and use other software to burn the DVD.

www.dvdflick.net
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_Flick

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One idea I have is if you have a DVD Player/Copier, you could watch the movie/show and record it with your dvd recorder? If you can save it to a stick, or computer, then it can be converted like it was stated earlier.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a dvd player/burner hooked up to my second tv upstairs. i just go to the program i have on the dvr and play it and start the dvd burner to record at the same time. its as simple as that, no converting or anything like that. my tv upstairs is not HD though, and neither is the dvd player/burner, so it only records in standard definition, even if its an HD program/movie/ppv/ufc/ or whatever it may be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom