Is your gun safe visible from a window outside of your house?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine isnt. Not saying where my safe is but its sure not visible from the outside, or from the inside when visiting me, etc. When I grew up my dad was a cop, if you were a visitor to our house you didnt see his gun safe.

Apparently the man shot in the face and killed in the surprise door kicked in home invasion on Tulsa's east side night before last was targeted by the 5 thugs according to his gun safe. They were going thru back yards and looking into windows looking for a victim to rob and they picked them to rob because they had seen his gun safe from a back side window. The news is calling it a 'totally random crime', meaning I suppose that the attackers didnt know the victims at all versus most home invasions where the cops say a high number of the victims had had contact with or knew their attackers in some fashion.

My house you first have to get thru a locked gate and a 6' cedar fence, then thru the dogs, before you even get to my back yard. All of my neighbors on all sides of me also have wooden privacy fences and most have dogs- you just cant walk thru any of our back yards.
Then you cant see into our house thru our windows at all anyways from the outside. I have dark solar screens on the outside that I brought from California that are what we used out there. On the inside we have double shades up- bamboo shades on the inside that are always pulled down and dark shades outside of those that are down only about halfway for some light and only during the day hours- theyre run back down when the sun is going down. Plus both sides and half of the front of our house have no windows. Ive made it pretty hard to peep into my house.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditto. Don't make yourself a victim. My safe is tucked away and no one would see it unless invited to see it. I've also seen safes in garages and that is also asking for trouble. Seems we had an incident last year where a safe was visible from the street and the jagoff bad guys demanded the owner open it.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I choose not to live in a cave, but no you can't see my safe from the windows.

The ones I really like are the ones you see when you drive through a neighborhood and someone has their garage open and you can see the safe sitting ther all shiney from the street.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4 out of the 5 killers went to my school! I noticed when i saw there pictures and then when i got to school and everyone was talking about it. I used to go to the elementary school right next to the guys house also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom