Is your gun safe visible from a window outside of your house?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so what if you don't have a place in your home where it can't be seen? Closets are a no go....I don't like the idea of putting it in the garage either...so where to put it? Every room in the house as windows...if its in the living room, visitors can see it. I'm up for ideas.

Put a bookcase on the front door of the safe.

Thieves hate books, much like lice hate powdered sugar.

L

lham

I was robbed while at work and lost everything,including food & clothes. Used the insurance money to buy an alarm system and had one wherever we live now.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a safe stolen up north a few years ago

It was recovered from a farm ditch a county away - empty.
The bad guys ran a winch or chain through a side window... Busted the dry wall and lassoed the safe located in a closet. Then they drove off , towed the safe, closet wall, and exterior wall into the yard,
Made quite the mess.

The victim had some workmen in... And those guys knew the guys who stole the safe.
You can hide it.... You can't always control who talks about it.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen a very encouraging police response to private alarms in Tulsa over the years.

Plus most alarms have a 30-45 second entry delay, how many have checked to see what you can get away with in 45 seconds? Quite a bit actually....

Add to that that most alarms don't have exterior sirens so no one actually knows the alarm is going off except those in the house, and the monitoring company.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking at new houses and one of the primary things I look at is where I can put my safe....my fiance rolls her eyes when I mention it, but I think I need to let here on here and read this thread. We looked at one house, whose builder included hidden spaces within the house, specifically for safes....I liked that idea, but wasn't crazy about the rest of the house....if I decide to have one built, I will definitely talk to the builder about a secret spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom