Is your house gross? Anonymous poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is your house gross?

• No, my home is immaculate or close to it at all times.

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • My house isn't perfect, but it usually just needs a quick straigtening.

Votes: 82 54.3%
  • I'm messy and don't dust, but my kitchen and bathroom are not scary.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • My house is gross and smells. Bathroom is a biohazard and kitchen is an affront to humanity.

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My room is a warzone.... It smells like a mixture of hoppes #9 and old taco bell. good luck walking across the room without stepping on some empty casing or maybe a screw form an old project.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm usually not satisfied with the condition of my home and my office sometimes gets fairly cluttered before I pick up. However, almost every home I've been in in the past 5 years is at least as messy as mine and most are far worse, so I can live with it. :)

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My house is seasonally messy, its deer season so i got huntin stuff everywhere.

We have 3 bathrooms, i use only mine, when it smells funny, i use flu flu spray.

I dont let guests sit in my chair, i spilled doe pee on it. I sprayed it with some flu flu spray.

I got a dog in the house so im sure it smells doggy, i give him a shot of flu flu spray sometimes.

After the wild fires, my house smelled like smoke, flu flu spray kinda worked.

The kitchen aint my department. And i dare not enter the other two bathrooms, they prolly use scentsy and dont have plungers.

I'm buying stock in flu flu spray...

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My house is between 3 and 4. I have 3 kids who don't give a crap, I barely give a crap, it's my my poor wife who really cares. My daughter's room is a nightmare, my oldest boy has frogs,a nd those stink to high heaven. My youngest keeps his room clean, but the cats and dogs like to use his room for a toilet. Living room is "lived in", the kitchen sink is rarely empty and we run the dishwasher twice a day. 6 cats, 6 dogs, 3 kids and gearhead who is always grungy, it is not easy to keep it clean.
I wear a hazmat suit to go into the kid's bathroom. god, that room is gross.
But all 3 are straight A students, so you have to pick your battles.

That said, I have been in homes that were worse. Far worse.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could have been in the first category, even with the wife and my first born. But the second child sucked that energy out of me. If I weren't constantly cleaning up behind them, it'd be a disaster. My wife is NOT a clean person, so I get no real help on this front.

Same boat here. And they say the girls are supposed to be the clean freaks. Funny I could never find one of them.

I detest disorganization and my wife seems to relish it. You'll find canned goods in about 4 different cabinets in the kitchen, clean dishes go in the first spot they will fit in. Literally. I could go on all night but to answer the O/P, disorganized, cluttered, needs paint desperately, etc., yes. But no 2 day old dirty dishes setting about and dog smells don't fly either. :hellno:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems I may be the clean freek in the crowd. I manicure the yard, my wife takes care of the inside. A house keeper comes in once a week for deep cleaning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom