it's Fall ... We need a beef jerky thread ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beef?

Its fall, we need a venison jerky thread....

:bighug:

I just finished my first batch 2 days ago. A buddy was cleaning out his freezer, brought me a bunch of deer steaks. They slice up well when still half frozen.

I cheat and use the premade jerky seasoning from High Mountain Jerky Cures, then add some garlic powder & cayenne pepper and smoke it all day to dry it out.

Stuff goes quickly.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beef?

Its fall, we need a venison jerky thread....

:bighug:

I just finished my first batch 2 days ago. A buddy was cleaning out his freezer, brought me a bunch of deer steaks. They slice up well when still half frozen.

I cheat and use the premade jerky seasoning from High Mountain Jerky Cures, then add some garlic powder & cayenne pepper and smoke it all day to dry it out.

Stuff goes quickly.

Lol ... that would be great but GC's not gonna be able to do any hunting until next year (damned OHP :grumble:) ... :tounge: :rotflmao:

That said, I'd be remiss if I didn't thank the members here who have been kind enough to share their bounty with me. As aggravated as I get with this place sometimes I can honestly say there is not a finer bunch of folks anywhere on the planet ... :heart: :kiss:

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol ... that would be great but GC's not gonna be able to do any hunting until next year (damned OHP :grumble:) ... :tounge: :rotflmao:

That said, I'd be remiss if I didn't thank the members here who have been kind enough to share their bounty with me. As aggravated as I get with this place sometimes I can honestly say there is not a finer bunch of folks anywhere on the planet ... :heart: :kiss:

I may have to send you a sample of my next batch, along with some cuttings from my blackberry bushes. They should be dormant by now...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW! I am also known for my pecan brittle... It's demanded any time the family gets together.

Huh!! I'll be. I took a big box of stuff to a December USPSA match one of the last time I shot a match. Got on here the next day and folks were clamoring for the recipe, which I didn't mind sharing. It's insanely easy -- make it in the microwave, for Pete's sake ... :lookaroun

Olyeller was a HOOT ... said something about me pedalling crack ... :rotflmao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom