It's official we are being invaded. 300,000 more illegals coming.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like i said IG, if one seeks an argument in favor of President Bush's immigration policy they will need to look elsewhere. I thought the "SOL" reference covered that.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like i said IG, if one seeks an argument in favor of President Bush's immigration policy they will need to look elsewhere. I thought the "SOL" reference covered that.
Ok I backtracked to the Sol reference so you're off the hook this time. Just don't let it go to your head.

ETA; Wait a minute, I was also making a not so subtle dig at you for your whole hearted embrace of dubya's Unicorn Fantasy called Iraq.I don't retract that.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I backtracked to the Sol reference so you're off the hook this time. Just don't let it go to your head.

ETA; Wait a minute, I was also making a not so subtle dig at you for your whole hearted embrace of dubya's Unicorn Fantasy called Iraq.I don't retract that.

I will take the 50% endorsement.
As far as Iraq goes, I dont endorse the cluster**** after we defeated their national army, and that of the Mahdi army. I do endorse the overwhelming use of force to defeat the enemy, completely and without conditions to their surrender. The "what happens after", will always be a debatable subject to me.
It may come as a surprise to you, but I am less concerned with the "after" hostilities than I am with the "before and during".

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will take the 50% endorsement.
As far as Iraq goes, I dont endorse the cluster**** after we defeated their national army, and that of the Mahdi army. I do endorse the overwhelming use of force to defeat the enemy, completely and without conditions to their surrender. The "what happens after", will always be a debatable subject to me.
It may come as a surprise to you, but I am less concerned with the "after" hostilities than I am with the "before and during".
So we defeated the national army, disbanded it, then debathified the entire country throwing teachers engineers and dog catchers out of work in a polite society in which everyone owns a rifle. "AFTER, BEFORE, DURING" The idea that you could put a stop watch on it... That's where the Unicorn Dream comes in.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are giving me way too much credit for understanding the subtleties of nation building, and not enough in the "go break **** and kill people" aspect of war.

I am not a complete troglodyte though. Although it risks sidetracking the thread even further, I think our collective misunderstanding of what would work in Iraq post hostilities is well known. I think it tracks right along with our lack of comprehension of the conflict in Afghanistan.
A good read on what works in Afghanistan, and was all but ignored by the powers that be can be found here.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/report/2009/2009_one_tribe_at_a_time.pdf

Set aside what you may have heard about Maj. Gant. The man had his apparent flaws, but the results speak for themselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom