Jif Peanut Butter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well chit! This is the week my wife works in CA so when i get home this evening I'm like single dude looking for some dinner to eat. Well, I eat the leftover quesadillas that from last night that sat at room temp all day while i was at work. Needing more, I sliced up some apples and gobbed some peanut butter on them and ate. First post I read tonight after dinner is the Jif recall. Yep, my jar is in the group.

Seeya later fellas. It's been a good run. My eyes, it's starting to get dark! I'm not sure..........................................................

IMG_5637.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well chit! This is the week my wife works in CA so when i get home this evening I'm like single dude looking for some dinner to eat. Well, I eat the leftover quesadillas that from last night that sat at room temp all day while i was at work. Needing more, I sliced up some apples and gobbed some peanut butter on them and ate. First post I read tonight after dinner is the Jif recall. Yep, my jar is in the group.

Seeya later fellas. It's been a good run. My eyes, it's starting to get dark! I'm not sure..........................................................

View attachment 274895

Quick....

....give us you address so we can come squat on your property.

We're safe at our house. All we eat is Peter Pan Honey Roasted. Wife gets creamy and I get crunchy.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got sick on that salmonella in the Skippy peanut butter a few years back. About that time I had stated eating pears by the bushel and thought I was getting too much pectin or some such. When I found out it was the Skippy, I was quite relieved. I swore off Skippy. Now it has to be Jif. I guess it'll be Peter Pan or some other brand up at bat. I'll be damned if I have to give up peanut butter all together! For me it is a staple!

Maybe I'll have to grow my own peanuts...

Woody

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jif always tasted burnt, to me.
Nothing but Peter Pan in my house.
That big tin can that came in the "commodity" box, with the block of goobermint cheese, was the absolute best, though.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Checked on line for the lot numbers involved. Yep there was my lot number. Then check to see if my lot was part of the batch involved- Best Used by date 2023. Nope, my Best used by date is 2019-good to go. Whew, I just opened that last week, sure hated to dump one o f those 48 ouncers.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jif always tasted burnt, to me.
Nothing but Peter Pan in my house.
That big tin can that came in the "commodity" box, with the block of goobermint cheese, was the absolute best, though.
The absolute BEST peanut butter cookies I have ever had were always made with commodity peanut butter. Im guessing it had a little more oil in it by how moist the cookies always were.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just the luck of random choice, I had Peter Pan brand, three days past expired date. Been avoiding it for the last few months. Doctors on me about high glucose, A1C. Trying to wean off of bread, pasta, rice, beans and my favorite junk foods. Saw noticable results about a month after going dry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom