Julius Jones Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What will Gov. Stitt do on the Julius Jones clemency issue?

• Grants Clemency

• Denies Clemency

• Does nothing

• Goes on another trip to a foreign country

Results are only viewable after voting.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is what I don't get though...

If the evidence is sketchy and we're not certain he's guilty, why commute his sentence to life without parole and eliminate any future ability to file appeals, request pardons, etc.?

And if we so sure he's guilty that we won't allow the possibility for any of those things, why not allow the decision of the trial jury and judge be carried out?

I don't know anything about the case, but the explanation of the decision seems contradictory to me.
The evidence was not “sketchy”. Twelve jurors and multiple appellate judges agreed with the conviction and the sentence. The defendant’s family and lawyers have been lying about “new evidence” for years and finally got some liberal celebrities to support them. The governor decided votes over justice. I’ll probably decide to vote for a Republican opponent over Stitt.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The governor decided votes over justice.
That dog won’t hunt. Granting clemency will not gain a Republican governor any votes in this state, certainly not enough to offset the votes lost by it. That alone tells me that Governor Stitt saw something to make him have doubts about the application of the death penalty in this case.

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not afraid to say it. Blacks are some of the most racist people in this country. They don’t give a rats rear it a white person is killed, falsely imprisoned, killed by police, etc. But the moment a black person goes through the things I just mentioned they go ape. Unless the person was a kid or a cop or a conservative black. They don’t care about those. As for being afraid to fly a flag or have a bumper sticker, I’m not afraid or that either. I fly an American flag and a rebel flag 24/7/365. I had Trump stickers on my cars and I had “NOBAMA” stickers back when he ran. If somebody don’t like it tough crap. Sadly this will never

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That dog won’t hunt. Granting clemency will not gain a Republican governor any votes in this state, certainly not enough to offset the votes lost by it. That alone tells me that Governor Stitt saw something to make him have doubts about the application of the death penalty in this case.

I'm most certainly less likely to vote for Stitt. I most certainly won't vote for a D but I might just sit out the next election if he wusses out on more issues.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't act like a Dem and you won't turn off R voters.

I really like Stitt but he messed this one up big. It didn't make anyone happy and just emboldened the commies.

Are you then a "single issue" voter that you would vote against a person because of one of their decisions and in spite of numerous good decisions that they made for the state and its citizens in their term?

Now, if one is a family member of Jones' victim, I can certainly better understand one's opinion of a politician and why they would vote against said politician.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't act like a Dem and you won't turn off R voters.

I really like Stitt but he messed this one up big. It didn't make anyone happy and just emboldened the commies.
So you are going to "vote" democratic because you dislike one thing Stitt has done? Please rethink that before election time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom