Julius Jones and the Pardon & Parole Board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there was a 1 in 100000 chance he was innocent, I’d commute the death penalty too. I’d have to have zero doubt.

I don’t know any of the facts other than the other person involved pleaded to testify against him. knowing all the facts would most likely sway my opinion one way or another.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stitt should of never been put in that position, the P&P board were cowards. You have new evidence? Show it otherwise what was handed down 20+ years back, STANDS! Not listening to that BS "I'm innocent" over and over either. How does one get on the pardon and parole board anyway?

If I am not mistaken they are appointed by the governor ... I'm gonna go check.

For what its worth (yeah yeah yeah 😘) I was staunchly against the death penalty. Then I worked on a couple of death row appeals. Now I firmly believe some people definitely need killing -- and sooner rather than later ...

Edit (from Wikipedia):
The Board is composed of five appointive members. Three are appointed by the Governor of Oklahoma, one by the Chief Justice of the Oklahoma Supreme Court, and one by the Presiding Judge of the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals. Board members serve four year terms that run concurrent with the term of the Governor.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Though i think this dude probably deserves to fry, i oppose the death penalty. sure, i'm sure a great many of the people that were executed deserved what they got. maybe even the vast majority.

but to me, sparing the life of one innocent man is worth the blood of all the murderers in the world. Our justice system, like all systems run by human beings, is imperfect. the Innocence project has found many people on death row innocent - many by irrefutable DNA evidence that wasn't available decades ago. I imagine that it's only a fraction of the number of people in prison who are actually innocent.

Look at what that DA in the Rittenhouse case did in public, on live tv....imagine what prosecutors like Thomas Binger do to regular dudes without the resources Mr. rittenhouse had. Someone in a less publicized case, without video evidences exonerating him, with a public defender.

Anytime the State executes an innocent person, we're all guilty of it.

https://innocenceproject.org/all-cases/

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I for one don't have guilty bone in my body over capital punishment. This pos was guilty, proven by an eyewitness, dna evidence and ballistics, was a known strong arm robber and a car jacker. What more evidence is needed. Quit keeping these sob's alive on death row for over 20 years........ make an example of them within 2 to 3 years of conviction as a warning not to kill innocent people.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have access to a lot of that info. He's guilty and has an eye witness that saw him do it.
To be fair, a man was “identified” by a woman as the man that raped a woman. He was arrested and charged for the crime he didn’t commit. He was sentenced I believe to life in prison, but after spending over 30 years behind bars dna was tested that wasn’t able to be tested before and it proved the man was innocent. He was released just a few years ago. “Eye witnesses” make mistakes all the time.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be fair, a man was “identified” by a woman as the man that raped a woman. He was arrested and charged for the crime he didn’t commit. He was sentenced I believe to life in prison, but after spending over 30 years behind bars dna was tested that wasn’t able to be tested before and it proved the man was innocent. He was released just a few years ago. “Eye witnesses” make mistakes all the time.
Eye witnesses are notoriously unreliable

Latest posts

Top Bottom