Julius Jones and the Pardon & Parole Board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know the details of this case one way or the other . . . but unless someone can prove his defense wasn't up to par or that the prosecution lied about evidence, etc. I don't see how after all of this time the original sentence isn't carried out.

This isn't some Innocent Man type stuff . . . where they think they have proof of corruption is it?

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never followed the case even back when it happen or during the trials. I did watch the board meeting yesterday and thought Jones failed his plea terribly. The part that he brought up about not speaking back then because his lawyers convinced him to not speak blows me away. I can assure you that if am charged with murdering someone and facing what his possible sentencing could be if found guilty (and i am innocent) I will be speaking at every trial, meeting, hearing, etc. A few times when he spoke at this clemency hearing it looked like his lawyer was in constant contact under the table stopping him from digging a hole. Also from his speaking it looked like if he was innocent like he claimed he could have provided enough proof of who shot the victim. His plea for clemency from being put to death to help others not follow in his steps didn't do it for me. I would have been asking for clemency from the death penalty because i didn't shoot the victim to the end if I was innocent. This was clearly a loaded board for some criminals to get clemency recommended.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I'd like to know is why the Pardon and parole Board voted for clemency. What was their reasoning, (1) were they afraid of personal retaliation, (b) were they afraid of violent protests in the Oklahoma City, or (3) is it race-based PC? Or could there have been another reason? The jury said he was guilty based on the evidence presented and he was sentenced by a judge.... The P&P Board's rationale is conspicuously absent. Beats me.
Well one of the board members said if they vote to give clemency, they are ignoring the facts of the case, the evidence and the testimony. He voted no but the rest voted yes. Stitt better uphold their death penalty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom