Julius Jones and the Pardon & Parole Board

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think I’d prefer to be given the death penalty over life in prison.

I don’t know remotely enough about this case to have an opinion either way.
Same here. But people had better behave themselves no matter what is decided, don't think that the bs that has happened elsewhere will be put up with here. But I could be wrong.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I'd like to know is why the Pardon and parole Board voted for clemency. What was their reasoning, (1) were they afraid of personal retaliation, (b) were they afraid of violent protests in the Oklahoma City, or (3) is it race-based PC? Or could there have been another reason? The jury said he was guilty based on the evidence presented and he was sentenced by a judge.... The P&P Board's rationale is conspicuously absent. Beats me.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The jury said he was guilty based on the evidence presented and he was sentenced by a judge.

Not in Oklahoma. Jury decides guilty or innocent. Then the next step is the jury decides on sentencing based on the law… the judge reads the law to them and their sentencing choices but it is the 12 that decides…. At least that’s how it was when I was a juror on a criminal case a few years back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom