Julius Jones Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What will Gov. Stitt do on the Julius Jones clemency issue?

• Grants Clemency

• Denies Clemency

• Does nothing

• Goes on another trip to a foreign country

Results are only viewable after voting.

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope the governor gets a strong primary challenge this next year but this lifelong Republican will definitely be voting for a different political party candidate if he does carry the nomination.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of those Oklahomans have seen the actual evidence, just as none of us on this forum have. We all have based our decisions on less than complete information, and lies, and past experiences. The Governor's responsibility in this case was to listen to the information provided to him by the Pardon & Parole Board, discuss with the Attorney General, and make what he feels is the best decision for the state. I know it's hard for some folks to believe that an elected official can actually attempt to do the right thing, but My opinion, and that's all that it is, is that it seems that there is indeed still some potential misleading or incorrect evidence in the case, and there is a possibility that Jones was not the actual killer. It has happened many times before.

And I do not believe that there was any "bread buttering" taking place.
Here is what I don't get though...

If the evidence is sketchy and we're not certain he's guilty, why commute his sentence to life without parole and eliminate any future ability to file appeals, request pardons, etc.?

And if we so sure he's guilty that we won't allow the possibility for any of those things, why not allow the decision of the trial jury and judge be carried out?

I don't know anything about the case, but the explanation of the decision seems contradictory to me.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not so fast David. Are we as a people threatened by the racist, or is this a decision based on true facts? I dont know the case and dont say so but the truth lies in the open trial that he went through, he was sentenced to the Death Penalty for killing an innocent Oklahoman. If this backfires on the Governor, we will know in the next 30 days. I know and have watched many many Oklahomans really shocked at the Stitt decision. Which side is his bread buttered on is the question we need answered.
He, like all politico's, have his toast butter'ed by whomever owns the butter and butter knife

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next thing the family/lawyers will try is to invalidate the restrictions and stipulations that Stitt put on the life sentence and go for a reduced sentence, new trial or out right release with time served. This isn't over yet

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all the publisity this is getting some Hollywood squirrel will make a movie, or TV show, out of this. By the time they get finished he will be the HERO!
Some time ago Oklahoma passed a law that a convicted felon is not allowed to profit from his crime. No money from a movie, book, etc can come to him, only the victim or a charity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom