Julius Jones Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What will Gov. Stitt do on the Julius Jones clemency issue?

• Grants Clemency

• Denies Clemency

• Does nothing

• Goes on another trip to a foreign country

Results are only viewable after voting.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m beginning to change my mind on capital punishment. Look at how much time and money is spent on each of these cases.

We don’t trust law enforcement, but say that the evidence presented at trial is absolutely true.

We will continue to go to court to determine the “proper” method of execution.

And meanwhile the victims’ families will have to suffer through each attempt to set the felon free or reduce their sentence.

I think it may be time to consider elimination of the death penalty and place them in uncomfortable prisons, with no contact with family or friends, for the balance of their lives.

There is certainly always a chance the they were wrongly convicted

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This should be implemented in any case (no TV, no internet, etc). And put hard labor back in the equation. Current prison conditions aren't much of a deterrent.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:
___
Absolutely, in most cases, I would guess that prison is more comfortable that their regular living conditions.
I have little concern for their comfort. I do agree that some were wrongly convicted, and support the efforts of groups and others to bring actual justice, but those cases are very rare, especially when we are talking about repeat offenders.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m beginning to change my mind on capital punishment. Look at how much time and money is spent on each of these cases.

We don’t trust law enforcement, but say that the evidence presented at trial is absolutely true.

And meanwhile the victims’ families will have to suffer through each attempt to set the felon free or reduce their sentence.

I think it may be time to consider elimination of the death penalty and place them in uncomfortable prisons, with no contact with family or friends, for the balance of their lives.

As much as I think some of these scumbags need killing, I agree with you 100%.

Too many times we've seen accounts of false evidence, inept or corrupt lab reports, eyewitness accounts that are later refuted by DNA or other physical documentation.

Most of us understand our government is corrupt on many levels, why should we trust them to legally end a life?

oleshooter308

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all setting the stage for a riot and looting. If Stitt lets the death sentence stand, there will be a riot and looting in protest. If Stitt grants clemency, there will be rioting and looting in celebration.

Woody
That's what I figure too. A big root. I'm just glad I don't live in the Metro, but if they juice him, it might start at Big Mac down there and go state wise. Prisons too. My son is a OKDOC Sgt. And he said they are going to issue riot gear if they do. The prison at Mac is supermax anyway , full time lockdown, but it's the other prisons that aren't on lockdown where the crap always starts, especially in these new Quad cellhouses which are pretty wide open at times anyway.
I don't think there is any doubt about his guilt. Plus he's been running games from death row the entire time he has been there. I say save the taxpayers' $57,000 a year and dose his butt.
I don't understand in the 3 drug cocktail why they give them the paralytic first anyway. They should just give them the knockout med first so they're asleep and then the paralytic, and right behind that the barbiturate OD. Looks to me like it's fighting the paralytic is what causes all the trouble. I am pro death penalty. But I think they need to die the same way they killed their victim. TRUE eye for an eye.
My humble opinion, for what it's worth. Humane end, my butt. The victims don't get a humane end most of the time.

oleshooter308

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to wonder ... Were the members of the Pardon and Parole Board present at the trial? If not, they are in the dark and listening to rhetoric.

Woody
They have full access to the grind records, trial records, and witnesses are videotaped. Anything about the evidence and testimony they WANT to read. Maybe it's dead since their names are public record, or liberals on the board.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This should be implemented in any case (no TV, no internet, etc). And put hard labor back in the equation. Current prison conditions aren't much of a deterrent.

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:
___
Absolutely agree with getting back to hard labor for inmates.
As much as I think some of these scumbags need killing, I agree with you 100%.

Too many times we've seen accounts of false evidence, inept or corrupt lab reports, eyewitness accounts that are later refuted by DNA or other physical documentation.

Most of us understand our government is corrupt on many levels, why should we trust them to legally end a life?
This is why immunity for prosecutors should be eliminated. The individual assistant district attorney, and the district attorney should be held personally liable for wrongful convictions. Place the burden on the prosector to show the evidence used at trial is proper and all avenues, DNA, etc., were used to convict. I would also end immunity for judges for this very same reason.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with getting back to hard labor for inmates.

This is why immunity for prosecutors should be eliminated. The individual assistant district attorney, and the district attorney should be held personally liable for wrongful convictions. Place the burden on the prosector to show the evidence used at trial is proper and all avenues, DNA, etc., were used to convict. I would also end immunity for judges for this very same reason.

Agreed, and that can extend right on to the LEOs that arrest as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom