Just got back my Grizzly 50AE WOW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately they are not being made anymore.
Here is some info:

The pistols are essentially an upscaled derivative of the Colt M1911 design, and many parts are interchangeable. They were developed to fire the much more powerful .45 Winchester Magnum rounds instead of .45 ACP, with conversion kits available to fire other powerful pistol ammunition, such as 10 mm Auto and .357 Magnum. Later models were also available in .44 Magnum and .50 AE (Grizzly Mark V).

Due to the size, weight and recoil of the pistol, the primary market was hunting and silhouette shooting. Production ended in 1999, though spare parts are still available from the manufacturer today.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately they are not being made anymore.
Here is some info:

The pistols are essentially an upscaled derivative of the Colt M1911 design, and many parts are interchangeable. They were developed to fire the much more powerful .45 Winchester Magnum rounds instead of .45 ACP, with conversion kits available to fire other powerful pistol ammunition, such as 10 mm Auto and .357 Magnum. Later models were also available in .44 Magnum and .50 AE (Grizzly Mark V).

Due to the size, weight and recoil of the pistol, the primary market was hunting and silhouette shooting. Production ended in 1999, though spare parts are still available from the manufacturer today.

This is really useful information to know.

I remember when they first came out. I was kind of in awe of them. I wanted one for a long time, but couldn't afford one. Maybe I'll try to pick one up now that I know parts can be found. Mind sharing the secrets of taming the beast? It looks like a lot of fun and very purdy. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is some info that I had got from wikipedia. I really am not sure how available spare parts are because I haven't tried to find any yet. I'm not even sure if the manufacturer still has spare parts or not. Before investing around $3000 for a pistol like mine you may want to find out for sure if that is a concern. I do know these pistols are top notch built guns. I will post more info on reliability and durability as I shoot the heck out of this baby. The cost for good ammo is around a dollar a round. I have a Dillon rebuilder and 50ae dies but I am a little weary of loading this caliber at the moment. I would like to keep my fingers for now. LOL

Tom K

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I remember when they first came out. I was kind of in awe of them. I wanted one for a long time, but couldn't afford one. Maybe I'll try to pick one up now that I know parts can be found. Mind sharing the secrets of taming the beast? It looks like a lot of fun and very purdy. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Don't be a sissy? ;)

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The barrel work I had done is what really tames this cannon. It is amazing how much difference it made.

Latest posts

Top Bottom