Just my luck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a crappy deal. Let us know how it turns out. Where did you get the 44 from. I am assuming the local pd gave the gun you had back to the guy that you had traded to. Sometimes I wish there was a list of stolen firearms that had public access. There have been times I have passed up a good deal because the people are shady.

Alabama

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmm let me guess... You traded to someone who doesnt understand OKs gun laws and went to his favorite gun dealer/pawn shop to "have it put in his name" and the SN was flagged.

Well I traded the 44 to a OKC officer, then him and a local officer in my town came and got his gun back and said detectives would be in touch. I have no property receipt or proof that the 44 was indeed stolen in 95

Alabama

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have got scammed.

That's what I'm trying to verify. I have the serial number to the 44 I just want proof that it was indeed reported stolen.

I called ATF out of DC.

They said that I should have gotten a property receipt for the firearm that they recoverd from my home.

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the officer you traded the gun with ran the serial number immediately in their database? Then immediately came back to retrieve his gun...with no property receipt or paperwork? Don't get me wrong it is probably legit and i'm no expert, but for some reason I wouldn't be surprised if you never heard from them again.....

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was legitimately taken by the police because it was stolen, I think you might want to talk to a lawyer about a possible case against the seller.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was a Police report made when they took your gun?
Did they give you a receipt for the gun?
Did they leave a card or produce ID when they came back?
Were they in a marked unit or an unmarked car?

Latest posts

Top Bottom