Ken's pizza still exists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Worked at a Ken's Pizza in the '70s.
Manager and area manager were crooked SOBs and were forcing kids to work off the clock.
My dad was working for the Oklahoma employment commission at the time. We hooked them up.

Mazzio's was a spin off. Ken and his wife divorced. She got the Ken's franchise and he got the Mazzio's side.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Worked at a Ken's Pizza in the '70s.
Manager and area manager were crooked SOBs and were forcing kids to work off the clock.
My dad was working for the Oklahoma employment commission at the time. We hooked them up.

Mazzio's was a spin off. Ken and his wife divorced. She got the Ken's franchise and he got the Mazzio's side.

I remember as a kid in the 70s, we had one in Claremore, Oklahoma. Istead of getting your pizza in a square, cardboard box, it came on a round, cardoard platter, wrapped in butcher type paper and it stood up from the pizza's surface kinda like a tent. Best pizza around...next to Shotgun Sam's and Shakeys in Tulsa.

There used to be a Ken's in Eufaula when I lived there back in 1998-2003. Good stuff.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big Ed’s was great!

Loved that place and my father-in-law who lives out of state always mentions the great times and meals that he always enjoyed at all the locations.

Sadly, the relatives of Big Ed’s (I think it’s his son) are no longer running the place like Big Ed did. Our last visit, forever, resulted in being scolded for not finishing my ketchup. My wife and I walked out that evening after a mediocre burger and ok fries vowing to never return over his loss of less than a penny worth of a condiment in a restaurant once known for a burger bigger than a pizza, that was more than likely tossed after only half eaten.

It is at 122nd and Penn if anyone doubts this story order extra ketchup when you go next time and watch their reaction, lol. I wish it was a lie, my father-in-law that lives in Nashville always brings Big Ed up when they are in town.

Latest posts

Top Bottom