Kidney stones suck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one in the mid eighties. I was getting out of a car and pain shot across my back like someone had hit me with a baseball bat. I thought I had pulled a back muscle at first. As soon as I got back in the car I went straight to the pharmacy and picked up some Doans Pills and Midol. That killed the pain till about midnight when the urge to go to the bathroom hit me. NOTHING!

My wife (at the time) worked at a doctors office and he pulled some stings to get me in to see a urologist that day. His advise was to drink as much water as I could hold and hope that it would pass on its own. A few hours and gallons of water later it did.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, how's it going today?

y369Sh.gif

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not much better. More flowmax and they talked about going in to grab it and get it out but decided to let me try to pass it. I had 3 scripts to get before i came home and when i went to pay for them they told me there was only two. I kinda blew a gasket. Of course the one they didnt get was my narcotic pain pills so im pretty sure someone at the pharmacy stole it. Im waiting on the urologist office to call me back to see if it was a mistake on their end. Either way im down to two pain pills. Im sick of **** going wrong.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, there is NO EXCUSE for that. I don't blame you for coming undone. I know it sounds trite but keep drinking as much water as you can. Hopefully it will break loose soon. I'm keeping a good thought for ya.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you. They told be green tea was also good to help when i was in the er but the urologist told me today it would possibly make things worse while trying to pass it. I been drinking mostly green tea for a week.
If you have someone that is by your side and you love them and they help take care of you in your time of need, make damn sure you tell them how much it means to you. This kind of thing sucks when you're alone.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They told be green tea was also good to help when i was in the er but the urologist told me today it would possibly make things worse while trying to pass it. I been drinking mostly green tea for a week.

I'm glad to hear this. I drink green tea, lots of lemon, and no sugar every day. At least a quart and sometimes more. I've never had one and hope I never do. My son and BIl have both had problems for years. They don't drink water, they drink soda. BIL has had to have them go up and grab them on several occasions. My son is so hard headed he went all the way to end stage renal failure and dialysis for the better part of a year. He's better now but I fear his creatin levels are always going to be high and he'll eventually need a transplant. What are both of them drinking when you see them with a glass? Soda... :pissed: :screwy:

Hope you pass it soon!

Latest posts

Top Bottom