Kidney stones suck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I have been lucky. I went for YEARS drinking nothing but Diet Coke, unless it was breakfast, then I had coffee. Which, after one cup, was chased by a ... you guessed it, a Diet Coke.

I managed to stop several times for several weeks, usually when my headaches were at their height and I wasn't eating or drinking much then anyway. But always told myself "just one" and next thing ya know I was back at it.

They actually gave me a Diet Coke at the hospital the day after my surgery. One swallow and I gagged and puked for nearly an hour. They finally had to give me some Zofran to get the nausea and dry heaves under control.

Never again. I figure that was a sign. Lol. It's nothing but water, unsweetened tea or black coffee for me from now on. Mostly water because nothing really tastes as good as really, really cold water now ... unless it's a really, really cold beer ... :blush::hey3:

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't stop drinking for a while.

Sometimes when I pass a small one that seems to hurt way more than it should, it's just the first stone from a larger log jam. I went amost 6 months last year with a groin pain that I knew was a stone that didn't show up in any KUB's. You might have another one coming down the pike. Hopefully the worst is past...

i.imgur.com_DyqCt9l.gif

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't stop drinking for a while.

Sometimes when I pass a small one that seems to hurt way more than it should, it's just the first stone from a larger log jam. I went amost 6 months last year with a groin pain that I knew was a stone that didn't show up in any KUB's. You might have another one coming down the pike. Hopefully the worst is past...

i.imgur.com_DyqCt9l.gif
Holy hell that's FUNNY!

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one scheduled for surgical removal. Found it with a CT scan too big to pass. Have passed about six in my life and the pain was intense. However never visited a doctor as our deductible is so high. Would not have known about this big one had I not had the CT scan related to another issue

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screw that. When im throwing up and unable to drive I get someone to take me to the er. I hope your surgery goes well.

I had a REALLY bad experience at an ER several years ago and have always said since then I'd die before I went back to another one. Three weeks or so ago when I thought I was having a heart attack I couldn't get to the ER fast enough. They treated me really well this time.

I think it might have something to do with the hospital system I used. I'll never darken the door to any St. Anthony's facility again.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in '92 I got a big one. Woke up in the middle of the night in intense pain. Wife at the time(now an ex, thank you!) was too drunk to care. I drove myself to the ER 'cause I thought I was dying. Half way there I was afraid I wasn't gonna die!

I had always thought pain would reach a plateau and not get worse. 'Tain't true! It just kept building and building and building. They gave me something in an IV to dilate my ureter. It worked. It was like someone flipped a switch and the pain was gone.

I've passed several since then, but none were like that first one!

I feel your pain.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom