Kidney stones suck.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta say all you guys are making me REAL glad all I did was have 3 babies. First one was natural, 6 hours start to finish, back at work in a week, only because doc wouldn't sign off on the damned release.

Second one I drove myself to the hospital (stopped at the Hardees to get a Diet Coke on the way to Deconess lol). 3 hours start to finish, was back at work at 9 the next morning. No pain meds, he was natural, too.

Third was a little more complicated. Had a c-section because I had had to have surgery during my second trimester that left a scar on the outside of my uterus. They were afraid if I went into labor and that incision ruptured I'd bleed to death before they got me to surgery. Even then I was up as soon as the spinal wore off and was out of the hospital in 72 hours. Had some pain meds for this one for a couple of days. I will say this -- you haven't lived until you've had a "spinal headache". Only headaches I've ever had that were worse were cluster headaches. They are not called "suicide headaches" for nothing.

You guys sound a LOT worse off than I ever was.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gotta say all you guys are making me REAL glad all I did was have 3 babies. First one was natural, 6 hours start to finish, back at work in a week, only because doc wouldn't sign off on the damned release.

Second one I drove myself to the hospital (stopped at the Hardees to get a Diet Coke on the way to Deconess lol). 3 hours start to finish, was back at work at 9 the next morning. No pain meds, he was natural, too.

Third was a little more complicated. Had a c-section because I had had to have surgery during my second trimester that left a scar on the outside of my uterus. They were afraid if I went into labor and that incision ruptured I'd bleed to death before they got me to surgery. Even then I was up as soon as the spinal wore off and was out of the hospital in 72 hours. Had some pain meds for this one for a couple of days. I will say this -- you haven't lived until you've had a "spinal headache". Only headaches I've ever had that were worse were cluster headaches. They are not called "suicide headaches" for nothing.

You guys sound a LOT worse off than I ever was.

I've heard from women who have had kidney stones and have given birth. They all said they would take 9 months of pregnancy and give birth over a kidney stone. 'Course, I can't imagine giving birth. Lover's nuts is as far as I am willing to go in that arena!

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom