Kimber VP opposes open carry bill in Montana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I have a Kimber 1911 in .45 I'll put up against any 1911 for reliability. I do understand when Kimber went full retail that they had some QC issues that I read about, but none of the folks I know have them have experienced any.
Mine was built when they were still hand fitting each pistol early in their manufacturing business so maybe that's why.

While my sample size is limited to two neither of my Kimber 1911s have had problems. My oldest is a Custom II I've had for close to 15 years and I have no idea how many thousands of rounds I've put through it, I'm on my 3rd or 4th recoil spring. My newest is a Aegis Elite Pro. I've got maybe 500-600 rounds through it since I bought it last July and had exactly 2 FTFs during the 1st 50 rounds and they were from the same older magazine. I've also got a couple of Rock Island Armory 1911s that while certainly not as slick and polished as my Kimbers have shown themselves to be reliable and solid. I'm of the opinion that 90%+ of problems people have with 1911s is due to operator error.

Latest posts

Top Bottom